Chapter 3

"God be with you 'til we meet again.", the congregation concluded their final hymn before gathering their belongings and going to greet one another. This was part of Harry's usual routine; get up early, get dressed in his Sundays best, and go to church. Louis on the other hand was completely out of his element. He rolled out of bed at 7:45 for an 8 o'clock service, in which he attended in skinny jeans, a button up, and suspenders- to say he stuck out like a sore thumb would be an understatement.
Throughout the entire service Louis would look over to find Harry looking at him, the two would make funny faces and mouth conversations back and fourth, every few minutes earning a swat on the leg and a hushed scowl from their mothers. As the crowd began to disperse Louis tiptoed around, trying to find his new friends. Niall stood in his choir robe alongside his father, shaking hands with everyone who exited, Harry stood with who Louis assumed to be his mother and father, and Liam and Zayn were no where to be found.
Louis' mother stood awkwardly beside her son, Louis pitied her because unlike his sisters and himself, she was having a hard time getting to know anyone. In Doncaster she had the perfect job, house, schools, but the cost of living was far too much for a family of six expecting two more. So, when the hospital offered her a raise to work at their Chesire location, she was in no place to turn it down. In two weeks she packed up her home and her children, and left her previous life behind her. Here she is now, in a foreign land having to be a rock for her children. Louis' stepfather was staying in Doncaster until the house was sold, which only made matters worse for his mother.
Harry and his family made way to greet the Tomlinson's, his mother was quite hesitant, but curious as well. "Hello! You must be the new family, my name is Anne, and this is my son Harry." Harry's mother shook hands with Louis' mother. "Jay", she smiled back before reaching her hand out to Harry, "Nice to finally meet you Harry, I've heard all about you!" Both boys turned a suspicious shade of pink.
The two mothers talked for ages, leaving Louis and Harry to talk amongst themselves. "So, is church always this agonizing?" Louis joked, pulling at his collar in attempt to get some more air. "Today was actually quite mild, just wait until communion. " The two boys giggled before looking at each other for an exaggerated amount of time. Harry broke eye contact and focused on his feet instead, shifting his weight back and forth. "Well, uh, the guys and I usually hang out at mine after church for a little bit, play some FIFA, grab a snack, y'know.... I mean you can come if you want, it's kinda lame but it's like tradition we do it ev-" "You ramble a lot." Louis cut off Harry by placing his hand over his mouth. Harry went wide eyed and immediately silenced. "Don't worry though, it's cute. I'll be there when I'm all changed." Louis then left him without another word, leaving Harry not only shocked but captivated.