Chapter 19

Gehehe........Cloud

Super sorry I didn't update yesterday! I had fully intended to but my sister moved and we needed to help her out. And we also rearranged downstairs.
Hopefully you enjoy this chapter!!
It was a bit quick but I both enjoyed and hated writing it. Watching Darkest Hour again was just...painful...I tried my best to not go word for word but Ratchet's speech and his goodbye with Optimus needed to be left alone.

So yeah...Enjoy this chapter!

"RATCHET!"

~

The medic nearly jumped as Optimus called his name. Everyone in base was surprised by it. Never had they heard that desperation in his voice before.

The medic had transformed and activated his holoform, making his way into the Jaeger. As he came down the ladder he saw Koda's suit thrown to the side. She was in her black leggins and black tank top. Which was her usual attire when wearing the suit to pilot Gipsy.

"T-ther-there's blood o-on her b-back," Optimus stampered as Ratchet ran over.

The medic knelt down and carefully turned Koda on her side. She'd fallen unconscious, which was worrying.

"I can't do much here, we need to get her to the med bay," Ratchet said after a few moments.

While both of them were terribly worried about Koda they put on a mask and carefully brought her out of the Jaeger. Optimus avoided eye contact with everyone as he carried Koda over to a human medical berth.

The Prime took a few steps back and looked at his hands, a mixture of Energon and blood covered them, "Please don't go Koda..." He whispered quietly, no one heard him say it.

As Ratchet was looking Koda over he asked, "The Omega Lock, what happened to it?"

Bulkhead sighed, "Optimus...destroyed it."

The medic's eyes widened, "What?! You did-"

"What was necessary, there was no time for another prolonged battle, not with earth in imminent danger," Optimus stated as he looked up at Ratchet.

"So you destroyed the only device in any universe capable of restoring our home? Optimus..." The medic looked up at his leader, "We needed that..."

"You don't think I know that? How much I want my home to be restored? How much I wanted to have my life back?! I just want to have a home again...with those who I love..." Optimus whispered sadly. No one understood what the Prime had mumbled. It was Cybertronian, but none of the Autobots knew what he said. It was a lost language, barely anyone knew it now.

Smokescreen spoke up, "You weren't there Doc, besides it's not your place to second guess battlefield decisions!"

Ratchet glared at the young mech, "It most certainly is! There had to be another way!"

"I-it wasn't that simple Ratchet," Jack stated as the three kids walked up to the monitor.

"Megatron was using the Omega Lock to attack the Earth," Raf continued, he had a few tears falling down his cheeks as he saw Koda on the hospital bed(not bed but the smaller thing...I can't think of the name right now XD but you know the one that Fowler always ended up on lol)

"Optimus saved our planet!" Miko shot a glare at the medic.

The redish orange and white mech turned to her then to the team, "What about our planet?! All of our struggles and Energon spilled and countless sacrifices, for nothing!"