S2 Episode 2 : Wrath listens for once...kinda

"Someone's aggressive today," Omari said, standing by the window with a smile.

"Are you complaining about this?" Wrath said, slipping the jacket off of his shoulders. "No, you just aren't this...annoyed often. What happened today that pissed you off? Did one of your favorite knives break? Or did you injure yourself and are too prideful to talk about it?"

"I've had a long day. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped talking." Wrath said. "I came here for peace, not to hear you judge me."

"Sure you did. You came to a sex demon at 2 in the morning on the weekend for a cup of wine and jazz?" Omari replied, lifting himself off the wall and touching Wrath's chest. "Face it, Wrath. It's okay to want just a little bit of me sometimes."

Wrath's heart skipped a second beat before he removed the hand from his chest. "Don't patronize me. I don't remember ever saying that I needed you for anything." Wrath hated when Omari acted like this. Sometimes the constant teasing would move past the "cute" sector and more into the "annoy the hell out of Wrath" sector.

"What I'm trying to say, Wrath, is something is on your mind. And instead of locking me out, you should tell me what's making you so uptight right now."

Wrath sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "Something weird is going on here."

"Elaborate."

"Satan sent me here to take care of Damian. I think that part is very evident now. Damian is her son, which we know for certain. But I don't understand why they need to be protected."

"Maybe they need to be protected from people that randomly attack them in their place of work," Omari said, and Wrath rubbed his neck, feeling embarrassment flow through him. Omari was the only person (or demon, or angel, for that matter) that could make Wrath feel bad for something since Omari was the only person that Wrath really "cared" for. Omari let many things slide and allowed Wrath to be what they were free without asking him to change.

Wrath appreciated that, so when Omari said they were disappointed in them or showed dissatisfaction, it hurt. A lot more than Wrath would ever admit out loud to him or anyone.

"I...I had a feeling about it, Omari."

"And it was wrong," Omari said, sitting down on the bed beside him. "You can't just keep trying to brute force every problem that comes your way. I know the old you could handle that, but you are in a human body. You can't throw yourself at every issue with caution to the wind. You have too much at stake to be doing that." Wrath could have taken that information in but instead kept talking about his previous thoughts.

"Even the way that your friend acted...he looked so scared when you brought him back. He was flinching at every little thing. It's the remnants of...."

"Abuse. Constant abuse." Omari said, and Wrath nodded. "We both know him well. Whatever threat that is, it didn't just hurt him. It broke him."

"I haven't heard from him since then. I should go to his house soon to make sure he's...alive." His voice hushed to a whisper when he said the final word. Wrath took a deep breath and let his brain work.

Something broke Jermaine. More accurately, someone. It seemed whoever else he was working with as well. Whatever person or thing it was did a fantastic job, making him fearful for his life. Wrath tried to run through every demon in hell off the top of his head, but none seemed very likely.

Except one.

Wrath didn't want to think about her. Nor did Wrath want even to imagine she had found a way back into the overworld, to begin with. He knew that...thing all too well. Being able to escape it was something that Wrath would have thought impossible when he was with them, and he would say that it was impossible for anyone that wasn't him.

"You look like you are doing the opposite of what you actually wanted to do here, sweetheart," Omari said, placing a hand on Wrath's shoulder, pulling Wrath out of the spiral he was mentally beginning to go through. "Why don't you do what you came here to do?" Omari pushed Wrath flat on the bed with a slight smirk, motioning for him to move up a bit farther.

Wrath obliged, closing his eyes for a few seconds to try and regain his composure. "You're right. I came here to calm myself down."

"No. You didn't." Wrath heard before he felt familiar hands and a familiar weight rest on his hips.

"You didn't just come here for some calming conversation," Omari said, and Wrath opened his eyes slowly. Omari's shirt was already off; the only thing on his upper body besides his tattoos was the chain that Wrath had given him earlier. Omari's hands went to his hair, tying up his hair with a giant smile as he leaned down, his lips just about to meet Wrath's before he spoke.

"You came here to have me."