I

"I-I-I-I BEEN POPPIN BOTTLES

"I-I-I-I BEEN POPPIN BOTTLES...SPARKLES AND CHAMPAGNE"

^your bass-boosted alarm rang at 6 am.
"y/n please for fucks sake change your alarm..."  your brother Arlo yelled from a room away.  You groaned and threw yourself forward to sit straight, rubbing your eyes.  Turning your alarm off, you stepped out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

"Arloooo come make me food." You yelled to your brother.
"No, make your own food."

You sigh and flick on the coffee pot, listening to it hum as it warms up.
"Man, I can't believe Christmas break is already over." Arlo walks out of the bathroom, drying his hair.
"For real, it passed by too quickly."

You pour the water into the coffee pot, close the lid, and watch the coffee begin to brew. While the coffee brewed, you decided to take a quick shower, especially since it was the beginning of a new semester and you needed to make a good impression.

"Did you save me some hot water?" you ask your brother as you walk past him.
"You're such a baby, Y/N, just go take your damn shower."
You roll your eyes as you turn the shower on, feeling the water to make sure you wouldn't need to lecture your brother about using all of the hot water, again.

Content with the water's temperature, you shut the door and get in. You washed your hair and body, rinsing the conditioner out with cold water. Then you stepped out and put on an outfit you'd been gifted for Christmas.

You finally got to have your cup of coffee that had been long awaited. You sat down at the dining table, drinking your coffee while you double-checked your bag to make sure you weren't going to forget anything.

-screeeeeechhhhh-

You hear the bus pull up and slip your backpack over your shoulder.

"Bye Arlo, enjoy adulting."
"Pfft, I wish. Have fun at school, Y/N, or...at least try."

You waved goodbye to your brother as you walked down to where your bus was parked. Taking a seat, you set your bag beside you and put your earbuds in.

Now Playing:
» [Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) • Deftones] «
0:42 ─〇───── 5:00
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

(idc if you like deftones or not, go listen)

Calm and somehow content with going back to school, you lay your head against the window and fall asleep.

...

About an hour later, you wake up to the feeling of the bus halting. You take out your earbuds and shove them into your pocket. You pick up your bag and step out of the bus, making sure to thank the bus driver for the ride. (ya'll best be thanking your bus drivers, they don't have it easy.😾)