Her Quirkless Savior!

"Wait please don't do this!!!" Toru hears behind her. She's crying as she stands on the ledge of a roof. She sobs and turns to see a boy. He has bushy forest green hair and emerald eyes with a few freckles on his face. He looks afraid and she can see many scars on his arms and hands. "W-Why?! D-Don't you kn-know wh-who I am?!" She asks the boy who smiles while still looking scared. "Y-Yes I do. B-But this i-isn't th-the answer Ms. Hagakure!!" He says with a look of empathy that frightens the girl. "I'm n-no l-longer a H-Hagakure! My family d-disowned me, I can't work, I can't even attend school! So why huh? What the fuck do I have to fucking live for?!?!" She cries out filled with sorrow and fury.

     The boy smiles softly. "C-Can I s-sit next t-to you and we t-talk please?" She boy says with a sigh. Toru wipes her eyes and thinks on it. She sighs and sits down with her legs over the edge. "Fine! Just say what you want!" She shouts as in her emotion fueled confusion she lost the will to jump for the time being. That boy's eyes seemed as empty as she felt and the empathy within scared the girl. The boy smiles not that she could see and he slowly takes a spot beside her.

     "Ms. Toru I truly am sorry for what you've gone through. Really I am. I may not fully know you but you arent that different from a certain boy I know." He says no longer stuttering but sadness in his voice. A deep well of despair so deep she feared she would drown in it. "His name was Deku... He was a brave kind and happy little boy Toru. Until the d-day his life b-became one of cruel harshness and pain. You s-see Deku was many things. B-But for all th-those traits of h-his the w-worst th-thing of all w-was he was q-q-quirkless...." He paused as he wiped his eyes and Toru tilted her head in confusion. "What's so wrong with being quirkless?" She asked as many times she yearned to be quirkless as at least then she could see her own reflection. The boy sighed and took a deep breath before he answered.

     "Toru a quirkless person in Japan is seen as diseased, a freak of nature, worthless, weak, a waste of air and genetics. Relics of a bygone age. There's nothing wrong with being quirkless actually as most of humanity was quirkless until a couple hundred years ago. No here in Japan those with quirks will beat, assault, rape, torture, and kill quirkless simply for not being born gifted with power. See quirks Toru are essentially powers just gifted to you by luck. People with them especially strong quirks tend to let it go to their heads. In Japan quirked people use quirkless people as test dummies for their quirks as nobody will protect the quirkless. Like Deku. He was after the quirkless diagnosis abused both at home and school. Only one person ever treated him like a human being after the diagnosis. Two technically but see Deku's mother was killed by his father who then tortured the boy almost endlessly. His aunt was the sole person to treat Deku like a human after his mother's murder. But Deku was still determined to become something. Like you Toru Deku yearned to be a hero. Even without a quirk. How do you think this boy was treated once that became common knowledge at his schools?"

     Toru thought on the boys words and question. "From what you said they were treated like I'm guessing it became worse." The boy nodded in confirmation. "Exactly Toru. See Deku was very intelligent. So not only was he beaten and had quirks used on him for the rest of his life Deku had his grades lowered just enough to prevent being forced out of school so as not to appear better than a quirked kid in any avenue. But he had a very high IQ that even rivaled Nezu when he tested for it at 15. But I've gone off topic. Ahem. Everyone at school treated him horribly. The students, the teachers, principals, hell even the damn janitors. But was that all? Oh no. His best friend from before the diagnosis went and became his worst tormentor. As well police, civilians, and even some pro heroes would abuse the boy in a variety of ways. When he was just starting middle school things started taking a....darker turn." The boy said as tears fell. Toru looked to the boy and her eyes went wide at what she speculated she was about to be told.