Chapter 3: A Human

Everyone in the group got out of the garden, walking over to the reception area, when they heard an elevator and Panther stopped walking. "Why did you stop walking Panther?" Sol asked. "Hey, do you guys hear that?" Panther asked. Everyone went quiet. "Yeah, I do." Jake replied. "It sounds like an elevator. It may be a human." Panther said. They all then heard the elevator ding. And a human walked out of it. "Woah! This is a cool Liminax Lab or whatever they call it." The human said. "This place looks abandoned." The human said while looking at a spider web. The human seemed to be a girl.

The human then walked into the reception counter room, peeking around the corner to see Panther, Jake, Sol, Smith, and Protogen around the corner. "Woah! Nice costumes!" The human said. "Uh...these aren't costumes." Jake replied. "Woah! You can talk too? Those have got to be costumes." The human said again. "Like I said, they aren't." Jake replied. "Then how can you talk?" The human asked. "Er..." Jake said. "This will take a while to finish, but here I go. This place is a laboratory, and we used to be a human like you, but stepped onto some goo and crystals, so uh..." Jake said. "Cool." The human said. "What are your names?" They asked. "My name is Jake."  "Name's panther."  "Greetings, my name is Protogen."  "Hello. My name is Sol."  "Ello. My name is Smith." They all said. "Cool! My name's Kate." "If you're wondering how I got here, I was just takin' a hiking trip alone, when I found this place." Kate said. "Huh." Panther said. "I don't know about the outside world." Panther added onto his sentence. "It's really beautiful." Kate responded.

"Some of us were humans before, some of us were er... born as goo?" Jake said. "Interesting." Kate said. "Don't tell anyone outside of this place about here." Panther said. "I won't, I'm planning on staying here. And you folks seem friendly too, so why not?" Kate replied. "Never seen someone actually WANT to stay here." Panther said, whispering to Jake. "Yeah, I know." Jake replied. "We could show you around if you wanted." Jake said. "Go ahead." Kate said. They all walks towards the 'Safe Zone' with the barrier and stuff. "Woah! What's that light for?" Kate asked. "Ehh...I'm not really sure." Jake replied. "That 'Barrier' will incinerate any gootraxians like us." Panther replied. "Huh." Kate said. "What's a gootraxian?" Kate added onto her sentence. "A gootraxian is like uh...what type of life form we are." Jake replied. "So we have humans and...gootraxians?" Kate asked. "Yeah." Jake responded. They all walked towards the cafeteria. "Wow! So much room in here." Kate said. "Ooh, they have ice cream- and- and-" Kate said excitedly. "Maybe you should slow down, we get you just found this place and all...but you're talking too fast." Sol said.

"I know." Kate said while drawing her attention to the ice cream. "You don't want to eat too much of that." Panther said. "Why?" Kate asked. "I mean, unless you want to become a gootraxian." Panther replied. "Yeah, I don't plan on becoming one any time soon." Kate said. Kate directed her attention to a storage rack, with a knife on it. "Cool, a knife." Kate said while picking it up and putting it in her hiking backpack. "You're getting distracted. Maybe we should show a little more." Panther said. "Okay." Kate said.