𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑔𝑒

at first glance, emerson brielle ivory was probably the most normal(ish) person someone could ever meet. after a few minutes, you can count on her for being a fucking menace to society. like almost accidentally setting ilvermorny on fire alongside her best friends/band mates. she, blair ambrose and kalya elwyn have been glued to the hip ever since their first year, when the headmistress, lilith clarkson, recognized their talents and forced them to co-operate with eachother, (much to their dismay) and oh, how that backfired on her.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡꘎

"GIRLS!" headmistress clarkson shouted as they were strolling the halls. the three girls instantly looked to where the sound was coming from.

"headmistress, i almost saw the gate to heaven. what did we do this time?" kayla sighed. "follow me," she said with a intimidating tone.

they nodded and looked at eachother in confusion, and emerson had to hold back a laugh. "i've been here three whole years, and she still manages to scare me." blair whispered, loud enough for only them to hear.

"preach." emerson mumbled. the walk to her office was silent, only the muffled speaking of the other students could be heard. once they got to the office, the headmistress sat down, kayla sat down on one of the chairs in her office.

"get up miss elwyn, you wont stay for long." she informed. kayla gave a flabbergasted look and stood up and stood in the middle of her friends, who were trying their absolute best not to laugh. she kicked both of them in the leg, letting her frustration out on them.

"i have called you in my office because you are travelling alongside the seventh years to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry." the woman smiled. "yeah, um, we dont think so." kayla dismissed.

"it isn't an option, miss elwyn." she said nonchalontly. "i heard there isnt any wifi there." blair confronted with a serious tone.

the headmistress chuckled, then looked up at the girls and saw there genuine fear. "dont worry girls, do you really think im foolish enough to not know that you wouldn't last a minute without your phones?" she asked.

the trio relaxed and muttered their thanks. "but were gonna deal with a bunch of posh pricks." blair said in a terrible british accent.
"that was shit." emerson judged. "miss ivory!" the older woman scolded.

"im ever so sorry!" she said in a worse british accent. they all laughed and even professor clarkson couldn't hold a small smile. "why are we even going?" kayla asked.

"to perform at the yule ball, and you will not be spared from studying unlike the seniors, you will be sorted and you will study as you would here." the girls groaned. "no exeptions." the headmistress stated bluntly.

"can we atleast get them phones?" blair asked with a pout. "to make them a bit less boring?" emerson copied her friend. "if you wish, but you guys are paying for it." she told them.

"thank you! we'll give them a guide and everything, and we'll get them some wifi, and beg the dumbbells guy to allow the students to use them!" blair squeeled.

"off you go girls." headmistress clarkson shooed them off. "and also," she paused, "try to stay out of trouble when your at hogwarts." she smiled.

"no promises, lily love." blair laughed. the headmistress shook her head with a sad smile, thinking about how fast they grew up.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡꘎
authors note: prolouge done! this gives a glimpse of the girls' relationship. stay safe and hydrated and i love you unconditionally. <3