2.

"Luke honey your friends are here!" Luke's mother shouted.

"Tell them I'll talk to them later!" He yelled back, his head was buried under his bedsheets. He held his Gameboy tightly.

"Come on Luke I already let them in."

Luke groaned, throwing his bedsheets over his head. He dragged his feet on the ground as he left his room. In the living room stood Tyler, McQuaid, Kate, and Emaline. What the hell was Emaline doing here? She wasn't even his friend.

"Why are you here?" He questioned Emaline, walking towards her.

She crossed her arms. "Well, it's great to see you too Luke."

"Whatever," he shrugged. "Why are you guys here? I literally only missed a day."

McQuaid raised his head to speak. "Kate has informed us that there is something very important you wanted to tell us."

Luke glanced at Kate, she gave him a look that somehow he knew exactly what it meant. "Well I would much rather not have Emaline here, but if you guys really wanna know, then I'll tell you."

The whole group of teens nodded eagerly. "My father's back in town."

All of them exchanged similar looks. Tyler squealed a little.

"Was it cool to see him again?" Tyler asked, trying to break the tension in the room.

"Not really," Luke said plainly.

Luke's mother popped her head out from the kitchen. "Why don't you kids go to the basement and put a movie on or something?"

"Kate, students, it's nice to see you." Mr. Messner added, waving at them awkwardly.

"The principal and Luke's mom?" Emaline said a little louder than she intended.

"They're dating, get over it," Luke said. "Let's go to the basement."

One by one all five of them made it downstairs in one piece. Tyler and McQuaid fought for a spot on the couch. Of course, McQuaid won, Tyler decided to sit on a bean-bag chair next to Luke. Emaline and Kate were set on sitting together, no one made any objections.

"Since we're all here, wanna finish our game of Dragons and Dungeons?" Luke asked.

"Dude hell yeah!" Tyler cheered. "You in?" he said looking into McQuaid's direction.

"Sure seeing as though I'm going to win anyways."

"Kate, Emaline you could watch if you wanted." Luke offered, both of them looked at each other. A new thought popped into his head. "There's a guest room down here. You could watch something on the tv if you wanted."

Emaline and Kate smiled at one another. "Sure that sounds cool," Kate said, they both got up and headed towards the guest room.

"When did Emaline want to hang out with any of us?" Luke asked while gathering all the game pieces needed to play. "Just two weeks ago she wanted to rearrange our faces."

Tyler moved to the couch to sit next to McQuaid. "I think she's just here for Kate," McQuaid remarked with a gloom sigh.

"Are you still upset that she didn't have feelings for you back? I mean Oliver only left a week ago."

"It still hurts," McQuaid said, dropping his head into his hands.

"Cheer up McQuaid," Tyler patted his back.

"Yeah McQuaid get your head in the game." Luke smiled, handing him the figure he had used in the game a few weeks ago.
                              ...