[P r e f a c e]

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

I want to start this off by saying:
Thank you for choosing to read this! 

I've been wanting to write this for a while now. I've been having specific moments and daydreams about this specific idea pop up into my head for about two months now and I've finally decided I wanted to make it a real thing. 

Atsushi is honestly one of my favorite characters from any media I've ever consumed and he's just so??? unappreciated?? over looked?? I don't know but I adore him. I hope I do his character and backstory justice in this!

This is the first thing I've written that's been more than a oneshot in a really long time, so forgive me if it's a bit rough.

I recommend reading this in dark mode.

Since we don't actually know too much of Atsushi's past, I will be using a lot of headcanons and personal interpretation for this. 

Updates will probably be slow, I have weird pockets of motivation where all I'll do is write and times where I'll straight up forget this exists but I'll do my best lol

The reader will use they/she pronouns in this, meaning they/them is primarily used but is sometimes referred to with feminine pronouns.

The age of the reader will remain somewhat ambiguous as it's not necessarily important to the story. You can imagine them as 15 to have it in line with TWST's canon or age up the TWST characters to have them be actually college aged as both would word within the context of the story.

(Y/N) has Atsushi's hair, eyes, and ability. Y/N will sometimes be described as pale, though that's only used in a sickly/dying context. Along with that, Y/N is also underweight at the beginning of the story as per Atsushi's backstory. 

If any of that is a problem, then this story isn't for you.

That being said, this story will contain themes of:

Childhood abuse
Molestation
Religious trauma 
Disordered eating 
Self harm
Suicidal thoughts
Mental illness (namely PTSD)
Dehumanization 
Dissociation
Transphobia
General trigger warnings for Atsushi's backstory
TWST guys being asshole teenage boys
More may be added

If any of these may be triggering to you, I'd personally recommend you don't read this. 

Take care of yourself <3

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

.

.

.

.