: ̗̀➛Prologue - I

The weak fear happiness itself

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Fear. 

An emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. 

To be afraid of something as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening. 

As the human condition is a spectrum as infinite and incomprehensible as the horrors of the cosmos, every emotion has a limitless list of variations. 

Anxiety 

Guilt 

Anger 

Despair 

And countless others 

are all variations of fear. 

On the other hand, while many of these emotions overlap and integrate with one another, many are also complete dichotomies. 

Such as fearlessness and courage. 

The two, while comparable, exhibit completely different qualities.  

Fear, similarly to courage, only breeds recklessness and hysteria. To look so deep inside oneself in order to understand or even overcome such a primal urge is not a task many are equipped for. Human beings read legends and tales of heroes overcoming their fear and, thus, any obstacle in their way. But these mundane stories have grown grandiose and grossly exaggerated over the millennia.  

It's simply human nature to succumb to such fear. 

.
.

Their head spun, a loose feeling of floating, though not quite as vague as freedom, whirled around them. Thoughts came together in a flurry while also remaining incomprehensible. 

(Y/N)'s unsteady breath fanned over their cold lips as they remained trapped in whatever may be confining them.  

Where were they? 

Is this another kidnapping attempt? The bounty from the Guild wasn't taken down too long ago, after all. Even in spite of everything that happened since...