Chapter 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost nighttime, the sky was clothed by a red hue. All the town folk were waiting in anticipation. It was time for the annual offering which took place to close up a portal from the demons and them. And this time the Pines family was in schedule.

"It can't be Mabel!" Kristen Pines, the mother of the young pine twins argued to her husband, Shermie Pins. "So you're saying we should just give up on him?!" Shermie contradicted, pulling Dipper behind him. Doing the same to Mabel when she was of reach. "We have to chose Shermie! It's between Mabel and Dipper! So who do you chose?" Shermie was silent, he couldn't bear giving up his children. Even if one of them was dying. But it seems that it wasn't like that for his wife. It was a mistake going to Gravity Falls, it they had arrived much later then maybe this whole situation wouldn't occur to them, but he did feel pity for the other family that was supposed to sacrifice their year old daughter of they hadn't come.

"You two better hurry, the contract will break if you don't!" Lady Susan said, gazing at the sky which was turning redder as the minutes pass. Everyone started murmuring, but trying to tone it at a minimum. They were judging what Kristen was about to say. But they held full respect for Shermie.

Shermie looked at Mabel and Dipper who was behind him. "I'm sorry Dipper..." He mumbled embracing the confused child into a hug. He didn't look at Mabel, or anyone other than Dipper. "Why....?" Dipper questioned hugging his father back. Shermie sobbed, saying 'Im sorry's' over and over until Kristen had to break them up.

"Now Dipper, follow the path alright? Run if you have to but just follow the path until it stops" Kristen said urging the boy to go along. Mabel stood where she was, watching her brother go in the forest alone. She was thankful that wasn't her.

"You just sent your child into a suicide mission and you don't even shed a tear nor took time on deciding who to pick" Stan remarked, glaring at the woman who just picked Mabel up. "Well, unlike him Mabel has far greater opportunities to come" Kristen said sassily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dipper flinched as he heard a twig snap. He was far into the woods now. He couldn't hear the town folks anymore. "Mama.... Dada" he whimpered as the howling of the wolves started acting up. But he continued going down the path.

He stopped again, debating on himself if it was good to go back or just continue on. "Mama said to follow the path" he mumbled to himself before walking again. The trees seemed to grow denser and gave of an eerie feeling which made Dipper want to cry.

All too suddenly the world around him turned monochrome. An echoey laugh rang out and suddenly he was sitting on a tree stump. "It's that time of the year I see"

Dipper looked left and right, but didn't see anyone who could speak. He started to tear up, he was afraid. "Those meatsacks really are stupid huh. What am I going to do with a bunch of kids getting send here each year. Hah! There isn't even a curse to begin with!" The said amused as various human bones floated up in the air.

Dipper screamed and was full on sobbing. Some of the bones still had flesh on them and the eyes haven't decayed yet. "You would've gotten the same fate as them if you weren't as special" A yellow triangle appeared before the crying boy which reduced his crying into sniffles. "Heyya kid name's Bill Cipher, here have some deer teeth!" The teeth of a poor deer was magically pulled out and they landed on Dippers lap. "Ewwww..." Dipper grimaced shoving the deer teeth away from him.

"You didn't scream, huh. An unusual reaction for kids your age" Bill taunted, starting to levitate Dipper up who, stared at him with interest. "You're pretty chill. Mn, I like you already" With a snap the two was teleported out of the woods and into a luxurious bedroom.

"You're still a kid so I'll have to take you out walking from time to time, but this room should be big enough for your little kid energy. Just don't make a fuss" Bill then left with a snap, leaving the four year old staring at where he was.

Dipper spotted a pen on a desk, intrigued he went to get it. He started to test it on his skin, then the desk itself, then he moved to the walls practically ignoring the stack of unused paper on the desk. Dipper smiled to himself, he would like living there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------