Chapter 4: Coral Reef

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🌊Coral Reef🌊

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

I had my head tilted the whole time. As for Sage, he had his eyebrows furrowed. We turned to each other's eyes as if we were telepathic. I saw his pupils contract before reacting, "Who's that!?"

"How would I know?" I replied, copying his furrowing brows.

Sage immediately took the cup of doppio and examined it. He spun it slowly to read the written name on it and saw the same name the guy called me.

However, I already had a hunch of that guy's next motive by accidentally seeing him ordering a familiar coffee. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but it's his fault he's so obvious—and I saw Mr. Cute in Cardigan on the tag.

Don't mean to assume but I'm the only customer who orders a doppio with such additions...and I'm the person behind that cringy nickname.

"Is that the guy from yesterday?" he assumed as if it was the truth.

He seemed like a detective and I seem like I'm being interrogated about some accusations. In fact, it wasn't true—the yesterday guy was blurry and that guy was crystal clear.

I don't even know why he's so worked up about this. I wouldn't be bothered by this, I'm just confused to see something unusual today.

Unusual...

"No, he's not. I didn't have my glasses that time so how would I know?" He calmed down after I said that.

However, thinking of the name written on the doppio, made me wonder: I may oppose myself but...could it be that the person who brought me this is the guy from yesterday? He was so blurry.

No. They do not look like each other. I didn't wear my glasses that time but I would know the face of the devil. Perhaps the person who bought this is much more handsome and angelic. No? He's much more kind than the devil—made up my mind, he's not Anger.

"Then...he must like you?"

I stared at Sage and gave him a brow raise, casually leaving a message between the gazes: how did you even come up with that conclusion?

"Nuh-uh. That doppio could even have poison," a kidding defense. I pushed back the cup as if I was not being tempted by how it could taste.

Sage quickly opened the lid and took a sip. It even stained his lips with the foam. He asserted, "See? No freaking poison. He actually likes you."

I'm really at my weirdo-meter limit. I took a deep breath and, "Then? You're acting weird, Sage. I don't know why you're so worked up about this. Not just that, but every time someone likes me. Why are you assuming that people like me so much?" The truth pacified him.

It took some time for him to reply after my immediate sermon, "I...just want you to be happy. You know, it's best to choose the best guy to give your—you know—love?"

Everyone will misunderstand him if he said that to them, like me, "because I'm you know...?" I said it with an ironic straight face.

He immediately took back what he said as if he knew my next words, "Helio, that's not it. It's because you're special to me. You're now my best friend. I've known you since elementary. I've known the birthdays of auntie and uncle. I even know your secrets. I know you more than anyone. I could even know your secret that yourself doesn't know-"