Chapter 6: Pearls

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🧋Pearls🧋

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

The sun's already at its peak, and it's me and myself again eating together alone in a food court.

A double cheese sandwich partnered with a float or I called it cola frappe—better if it was an authentic name. Single rice, dual chicken, moreover a mango pie. Never forgetting my precious doppio in a small cup.

Altogether on a table that is left uncleaned and unsupervised by the staff, I even doubt there is a cleaning staff. But, I'm still happy with the fact that one of the air conditioning vents is above my head. Then again, it got my food cold.

I'm still thinking of things, at the same time feeding my brain. The division competition is actually earlier than expected so I need to focus on reading some anticipated topics; probably the ones that are in the headlines now such as the infestations of rats in the 'censorship' university, or the constant floods in the whole capital because of a single toilet problem. I am currently browsing for further review.

Amid my review interventions, my head started to warm up. I looked up slowly thinking that the air conditioning went running away. It's not but a cup levitating above me.

It took a second for me to realize, "Thought you'd buy a doppio," my head kept going obtuse just to see a guy wearing my jacket which I resented because it looked on me as if I'm wearing a dress because its size, "luckily, I bought the green one, your majesty."

I subconsciously showed crinkling eyes when I saw Sage, but those become wide as a yawn when I felt like I'm going to fall backward from my chair. It went back to its original phase when Sage stopped it from falling down.

He sat in front of me and gave me the coffee he bought, though he said it was the 'green one.'

"It's not coffee, it's tea, it's matcha," I complained as if he got the easiest question on the test wrong.

He also reasoned rhetorically, "Is it not the same?" while shrugging his shoulders.

I shook my head whilst my jaw was slacking in disbelief. He saw me narrowing my eyes to him insistently to perceive himself totally wrong. Though, the quicker I realize that it is Sage I am judging, the more I reconsider the mistake.

"Anyway, what are you doing here alone?" Sage asked

"I was during my me-time and then you showed up," I said while trying to look annoyed.

"If I were correct," he looked down at his watch with big movements as if bribing for attention in a sarcastic way, "your me-time was already finished five minutes ago. No?" he smiled after stating an assumption.

"How would you know that?"

"Because I said so, and now that your me-time is over...can we have our we-time?" 

His smile changed abruptly into less crescent but softer. I didn't realize that I was raising a smile. Once I noticed it, I quickly returned to my emotionless pit.