page 7. (darkness)

"4 , 5 , 6" counting the pages on the floor . You found quite a few of them now and with each piece you collect "he" gets closer. There now isn't a minute that your head doesn't throb with static . your vision always blurring and you constantly choke on your on blood . As the figure lurking in the trees following you around seemingly getting closer every time you see it .

Your not sure what time or date it is ,or how long you have been running. It almost caught you a few times but u managed to escape by ducking and weaving in and out of the trees .

Another page fluttering in the breaze caught your gaze and as you closed in on the tree it was pinned to your vision blurred once again .

It's close you know it is from how the high pitched ring that bounces in your head . Then something tugs on your leg sharp and damp clawing through your flesh , making your slip and tumble down a slope . With a deathening crack you slam into a half rotten tree stump , at the bottom of the hill . You scream but no sound it made the static in your head only getting louder as you clutch your side gasping for air .

You manage to fill your lungs while letting out muffled whimpers , struggling to right yourself on shaking legs you stumble forward moving as fast as you can . It is still gaining ground on you and fast .

Limping through the bark and bushes,  vines whipping and tearing at your skin .Even with doubled vision and burning wounds you spot the outline of browning paper tacked onto old oak.

As your finger grazes the smooth surface pain engulfs your body with a jolt and crimson seeps through your trembling lips . Vision dim and the echo of a static sounding laugh your body goes limp , as the cold takes over and  Everything turns black .