Chapter 5: A Power Outage

Kate and Panther walked over to the safe zone, where they saw the group. They all had concerned looks on their face. "Where were you?" Jake asked. "What took you so long, Panther?" Protogen asked. "Remember when I said I heard something?" Panther asked. "Yeah." Jake said. "Turns out those guys from Laminax are back. But they aren't just guards. They are way better equipped." Panther added onto his sentence. "That would explain why Kate has a scythe." Sol said. "Yeah." Panther said looking at Kate. "What if there are more than just the ones you found?" Protogen asked. "Yeah." Smith said. "I don't know." Panther replied.

The intercom turned on. The intercom has always been activated via AI. "Sudden disturbance in the power grid...activating emergency power grid. Please stand by..." Then the intercom turned off. This was completely normal for Laminax Labs. The air was tinted with red, goo turning red, crystals turning red, and different music started playing on the boom boxes. It was titled, 'Rise Of The Carneline'. "Woah! That's cool!" Kate said. "That music seems familiar." Jake said. "Maybe because you're A Carneline." Sol replied. "Probably." Jake said. "Wow! So much red..." Kate said. "Hm." Panther said quietly. "It's a little hard to see here." Kate said. "I can see perfectly fine." Sol said. "Maybe because we're gootraxian." Jake said. "Probably." Sol replied. Just then, John came into the room, from Seven's team. "Well shit, I'm lost." John said. Panther laughed. "Oh great, you're all ehre, and you." John said pointing to Kate. "I think it's time for a rematch." John said. "As if you'll win." Kate said with a smirk. "Wait- where is Seven? Shiiiitttt..." John said in his head. "You took Seven's weapon. It was HIS prized scythe. You're not taking my machete." John said.

"Yeah right, you're an experienced response unit or whatever and you lost to a girl." Kate said trying not to laugh. "Ha. Ha." John said. John pulled out a second machete from his back. Like he was Darth Maul from star wars or something. "How about...TWO machetes?" John said with a grin. "Easy." Kate said. "Do you want us to help or-" Jake was interrupted. "No." Kate said. "Well, you sure love joking around about your life, huh?" John asked. "Sure do." Kate said. The gootraxian group, (Panther, Jake, Sol, Smith, and Protogen) all backed up. They were about to have a rematch inside the room to the left of the 'Safe Zone'. The Slimepup's territory. "You can do this Kate." Jake said. "Of course I can." Kate replied. Kate was getting ready to fight again, but with limited vision. "Let's see how you do in limited vision." John said. "Your vision is limited too." Kate said. John got his stance, ready to fight. So did Kate. Kate ran forward, jumping behind John. John then countered it by using both machetes to block her scythe swing. Her scythe got knocked back. John then swung one machete to her left, and one to her right. How could Kate counter this? Kate blocked it with her scythe. Luckily the part where you grab it is  made of metal, as it was Seven's scythe, letting her block both of the swings from the machete. John kept one machete on one side of the scythe, and the other ready to attack. He tried hitting Kate's legs, but she jumped, blocking it. They both fell backwards onto their knees. Kate and John got up, John jumping at her. He jumped up about three feet in the air, slicing downwards with so much force out of his two machetes, it flung her scythe all the way into the automatic door. "NO!" Kate yelled. John was ready to strike, Kate ran to the automatic door, which made it open, dropping her scythe. She picked it up and swung it behind her so quick, she didn't even know she hit John. The scythe stuck into John's left arm. "AGH! FUCK!" John yelled, dropping his machetes. Kate flung them to the group of her gootraxian friends. Panther caught both of them. She picked the scythe out of John's arm. "FUCK, I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" John screamed, running down the hallway towards the shark area, with blood dripping out his left arm. "Great job Kate." Panther said, giving her the two machetes.

"Beat by a girl again. He never learns, does he?" Kate said while letting out a sigh. "Isn't he supposed to be good at combat?" Protogen asked. "Guess he is just new." Kate said. "I need some rest, fighting that guy all day gets tiring real fast." Kate said. "Must be." Panther said. They all walked over to the garden area, to the tree. "Perfect, sleeping bags." Kate said. Kate dropped her backpack down onto the grass next to the tree, pulling out a phone. She checked the time. "Damn, no cell service." Kate said in frustration. "Whatever, I can still check the time anyway- oh my god. It's late." Kate said. It was 3:00 AM. Late indeed. Kate collapsed, but Panther caught her with his fast reflexes, setting her down gently on the sleeping bag. "Hey! What happened to her?" Sol asked. "She's tired. It's alright." Panther said while going to sit down next to the tree. The intercom then turned on. "Main grid back online. Emergency grid deactivated." Then it turned off. All of the red puddles turned back to their original colors, no more red tint in the air, and the crystals going back to a blue color. "Power outage is over." Panther said. "I think we all need to rest." Jake said. "I agree." Smith said. Panther walked over to the radiop, turning it on. It played a song titled 'Slumber Party'. "A nice relaxing song." Panther said while sighing. Panther then drifted to sleep, along with Sol, and Smith shortly after. But Jake and Protogen were awake, just sitting next to a wall. "So...who's keeping watch?" Jake asked. "I will. I don't really need sleep anyways." Protogen replied. "You sure?" Jake asked. "Yup." Panther replied. Jake then drifted off to sleep at the wall next to the door going out of the garden, into the hallway.

A nice sleep . . .