Chapter 14: Don Arturo's Death Part 1

"She's really making my blood boil!" Salvatore thought as he walked back and forth with anticipation. "And she had the audacity to come here like she did nothing wrong!" he took a deep breath as he brushed his hair, running his fingers roughly on his head. "And don't get me started with that motherfucker who had the audacity to stroll out of this office with his cronies, not even bothering to look back and assess the gravity of the breach to his company!" Salvatore finally sat back on his chair and leaned back as his eyes wandered above the ceiling, thinking why his patience is being tested. "I feel like no matter what I do, I would never get a break in life."

Meanwhile, Indira was seething with rage as she sat at her desk, her knuckles growing white from gripping its icy edge. She had arrived early this morning to catch Salvatore before he could get away again, but he still hadn't arrived. It was now 7AM and the fire in her heart only burned brighter. She liked Salvatore, but it was painfully obvious that he didn't feel the same way, who was she kidding? She knew deep down that no man of his stature would ever be interested in someone like her.

Indira's heart pounded with dread as the shrill ringing of her office phone pierced the air. She glanced at the caller ID and her breath seemed to freeze in her throat as she read Salvatore's name. Taking a deep, shuddering breath, Indira answered, trying unsuccessfully to keep her voice from shaking.

"Hello, Salvatore." she whispered, trying to sound confident.

"Hi, Indira." his voice came through cold and hard. "Sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday - something important came up. Do you mind coming to my office right away?" there was no mistaking the urgency and desperation in his tone.

A stretch of silence preceded Indira's response. "Sure, I will be right there." she said. As Indira hung up the phone, her heart skipped a beat. She knew better than to hope for anything, but she couldn't help the flutter of excitement that filled her chest. She quickly gathered her things and made her way to Salvatore's office.

Indira arrived at Salvatore's office door and gently tapped. She could hear his alluring Italian voice from the other side call out. "Come in!" as she walked into his lavish office, she saw Salvatore behind the desk, an expression of concern on his face. His gaze met hers and they both stared silently for a moment. Finally, Salvatore spoke. "Indira, I am glad you came. Something unexpected has happened." He stood up and walked around the desk to stand beside her.

"I was expecting to talk to you yesterday about the security breach, but the conversation was postponed. I'm requesting an urgent meeting with you and your team, along with our tech experts, so that you can share what you've uncovered." Salvatore knew he needed this information immediately. He suspected that the security breach, his father's business problems, and now Patrick Doyle trying to muscle in on his territory were all linked.

Indira nodded, understanding the seriousness of the situation. She had been investigating the security breach for days and had finally stumbled upon some critical information. "I have some fresh evidence that ties the breach to a rival company." she said, handing him a file.

Salvatore quickly skimmed through the contents, his jaw tightening as he read. It was worse than he had feared; the rival company had hired a notorious hacker to infiltrate their system and steal confidential information. He looked up at Indira, his eyes blazing with fury. "We need to act fast." he said, his voice low and intense. "This cannot go unpunished."

"Fuck me!" he barked. I've never heard of this Stone Blackwell Inc." he continued. "Do you know who owns it?" he asked.

"No, not yet, but I hired a private investigator to dig deeper into this. I also have some leads on the hacker they hired." Indira responded, her eyes glinting with determination.