Chapter 3: Reunited

Amity's POV:

Sir Patrick never came back for the entire period so I just wrote down notes and studied. It was library period, the last period of the day. I headed down to the library to continue my studies at my usual seat. I was welcomed by the scent of lavender and the cool breeze rushing out of the room.

I went to my place and sat my bag under the table and sat down. I looked out and it looked like it was gonna rain. I took out my Chemistry book to revise and after awhile it started raining making the room dimmer. Seeing a small little spider crawling towards me, I was about to hit it but then it reminded me of how me and her met.

The same spot, slightly dark as it was still early in the morning and a little spider. She was sleeping and I sat next to her. The spider crawled towards me causing me to wake her up. She picked the spider up and placed it somewhere else. Recalling that event, how it started and her, made me tear up.

Trying to fight back the tears, I started writing in my book but the thoughts underwhelmed me again. "Why did you have to leave me? Where are you when I need you? I miss you so much it hurts," I whisper cried. Even if I visit her, I wanted to hear her voice, I wanted to see her move not the silence she hears in the room, not a body just lying on the bed, not being able to move even a finger. I didn't want anyone to see me like this so I buried my face into my arms and eventually, I fell asleep in the library.

~

I woke up in a room, the clock on the side of bed said it was 5:32 pm. I sat up rubbing my eyes. I looked around to see...I wasn't in my room? I looked at where the desk was and I saw something that hit me. A familiar bouquet of flower that I got for the Valentine's Day dance. The only person that got me that was...

Luz.

I quickly got up and dashed out the bedroom door to see her... She was sitting down in the living room with everyone else talking. "Luz?" "Amity! I'm so glad to see you again." She tackled me into a hug. "I thought there same thing. I miss you so much, Luz!" I said hugging her back burying my face into the crook of her neck.

"Please don't ever do this to me. I missed you to much." She pulled back and touch her forehead against mine. "I can't promise that but I will always stay with you," she whispered. Our reunion was interrupted by the sound of sound of someone clearing their throat and we pulled back. "So, are you guys done? Or do you wanna continue? We can just leave you two to do you're thing or whatever."

Luz just let out a small chuckle and I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. "So uhm- when did you wake up?" I asked. "About 3 days ago. I just got discharge today so I asked the twins to pick me up." Her answer was short but it was enough for me to know.

After catching up with everyone for the pass 3 hours, they left to get some rest for school tomorrow. Luz stayed behind to talk to me more. "So anything new from Miss Blight?" She smiled. How I miss her smile. "Nothing much...Oh right! I met this new girl, her name is Pheobe!" I exclaimed. "That's nice. When did you meet her?" She asked. "About a few weeks ago. She's really nice. I hope you can meet her soon."

"Yeah that would be nice." After talking for a bit longer. She got up and went into her dorm, it was already 12 o'clock. Wow, have we really been talking that long? I got up from the couch and changed into my pyjamas. Lying on the bed, I stared at the ceiling. I'm finally at ease knowing that Luz is finally awake and back in school.

I plan to introduce her to Pheobe in the morning. I bet she'll really like her. Right?