Chapter 1: My 5th birthday

Im jumping up and down tomorrow im turning 5. Im so excited. But i have to go see my uncle in the hospital. He's awesome though. I roll over. I tossed and turned until i heard my door open. "Is she sleeping?" i hear my mom whisper to my dad. "Yeah. Shes something." "I know right. But shes special. I never told you. When she was born her uncle spr-" my mom said but my sneeze interrupted her. "Never mind ill tell you later." The Next Day. I couldnt get what my mother said out of my head. Im special?!? Im just a normal 5 year old. "Okay lets go get dressed babe." my mom says while tapping my shoulder. We get dressed and hop in the car and drive to the hospital. His heart monitor slowly beeps. I rush in and give him a hug. I try to fight back my tears to know that he was in pain. But he's going to make it. I know it. He's strong. He's got to make it. He always told me to "Never Give Up". "Chassity, come here please." my uncle says. So i walk over to him. "Here." he says putting something in my hand. When i look down i see a small box. "Don't open it until you get home." he says and wags his finger at me. "Alright. Well thank you anyway Uncle J!" i say in excitement. Before we leave i give him the hugest hug because i don't know when i'll get to see him again because of school. When we get home i quickly untie the bow that was wrapped around the box. I slowly take the top off. Theres these two necklaces in it one says "Lo" on it and the other one is a Locket when i open the locket its a picture of me and him together. I look over to my mom with an ear to ear grin "I love it." "I'm glad you do, honey." my mom replies and gives me a kiss on my forehead before leaving the room. I lay down, wondering what the necklace with "Lo" on it means. I put that necklace on the nightstand and clutch the locket. I hold it up to my heart, let out a sigh, kiss the locket, and put it on my nightstand. I roll over to turn off my lamp and i sleep perfect until i hear the phone ring. I look at the clock and it says "12:45 AM" I slowly walk out my room and peak into the kitchen. My mom was on the phone her head was in her hands and i heard her sobbing. "Mom?" i say walking over to her. "My brother..." she whispers but loud enough for me to hear. "Uncle?" i whisper back. "Yes." she says trying to hold back tears. My eyes widen. She puts the phone down and gives me a hug and we stand there for 15 minutes crying our eyes out. Then mom has to tell dad what happened. My uncle was more of a dad to me than my actual dad was. Im gonna miss him.