Chapter 3: Mission Accomplished

The next day happens so fast, my stomach is turning, im wearing this gown, with my graduation cap on, my senior ring is on, my make up is on and fixed nicely, my hair is fixed and perfectly curly, my best friends are on the side of me, and all we have left to do is wait for our names to be called so we can walk up the stage and get our diplomas and let everyone hear what colleges we are being accepted into. "Nicki Arendale!" Nicki carefully walks up the stairs. I guess shes scared to trip. I would to but shes wearing high heals and when i mean high i mean it. "Jake Walker!" our principal says proudly. Jake runs up the stairs and snatches the diploma, gives the crowd and ear to ear grin and sits down. "Taylor Smith" Taylor slowly walks up the stairs. Taylor was always shy. "Brandon Douglas!" He runs up there takes a picture with the principal and sits down forgetting the diploma in the principals hand. The crowd had a good laugh. 'Alexis "Barbie" Levine' Thats me! Oh my gosh don't do anything stupid! I walk up the stairs not fast but not slow either. I take a picture with the principal. The crowd claps. My mom takes pictures of me receiving my diploma. And i take my seat next to Brandon. They call the rest of the class. 'Alexis is accepted into multiple colleges such as California State University, College of Central Florida, Upstate Medical University in New York, and Illinois Central College. Congratulations and a big round of applause for Barbie!' the principal says happily. When there done saying all the colleges people got accepted to, they make the graduates say a lil speech. "Okay Alexis Levine will say her speech now." Everyone cheers and claps. "All i have to say is 'Mission Accomplished'" i wink and step away from the podium. The crowd laughs and cheers. At the end of the graduation we throw our hats in the air and go around hugging people. I get compliments about my speech, how grown up i look, how pretty i am, and how tall i got (i short in high school). Afterwards, Brandon was throwing a party for the graduates only. I caught up with Jake and Taylor we looked at each other and said at the same time 'Mission Accomplished.'