~𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~

~✾~

Michael watched in shock as the paramedics carried a covered body out of the woods. He immediately recognized who it was when he saw the wedding ring on the limp hand hanging off the stretcher.

"Dad?.." He muttered. He tried walking but ended up stumbling onto the ground. When he looked up, all he could see were the red and blue flashing lights and the dozens of police officers surrounding the area.

A paramedic saw him fall and immediately ran over to help him. He grabbed Michael's arm and helped him up to his feet. Michael didn't take his eyes off the stretcher his father was lying on.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "Where are you taking my dad?"

The paramedic stepped in front of Michael, blocking his view. "What's your name, son?"

"Michael... Why are you putting my dad in an ambulance?"

"Okay, Michael. Do you feel any pain anywhere? Are you dizzy?"

"What? No, I..." He was out of it. He barely felt his legs getting ready to give out. He didn't feel the blood dripping down from the side of his head or the throbbing pain in his arms and feet.

What happened? Where was he? Why were there police cars and ambulances surrounding him? 

"Is that the missing boy?" Another paramedic, a woman, came rushing towards Michael.

"Okay, Michael, I need you to listen to me." The taller paramedic placed his arms on Michael's shoulders, trying to get his attention. "You've been in a car accident."

"You've got a few injuries, so you'll need to be checked out, okay? We're going to help you, I promise."

"Car accident?.."

When were they in a car? Wasn't he just at home?

"I need a medic over here! I have an injured teenage boy that requires medical attention ASAP!"

The paramedic's voice began to sound muffled to Michael. An overwhelming, high-pitched sound made his head ache obnoxiously. He covered his ears with his hands as tears began to form in his eyes. Images of his parents fighting clouded his mind. The sounds of them yelling and things breaking made him drop to his knees as he began to cry.

"Everything's going to be okay, Michael." The other paramedic spoke gently to him. She helped him into an ambulance.

"My dad... I want to talk to my dad..." He muttered as he slowly began losing consciousness.

"He's losing too much blood."

"Look at me, kid. You're going to be okay. I promise. Just stay with me, alright?"

The paramedic squeezed Michael's hand, hoping he'd squeeze back. Michael weakly squeezed back, gradually losing strength with each passing minute.

"He's coding!"

Everything was just fine.

What happened all of a sudden? 

~✾~