FATE

Author's POV:

It's been years since Choni break up.

Toni has been working as a journalist for famous newspaper and became pretty successful at that. Her articles have been receiving numerous positive reviews from critics and she has been receiving multiple offers from all over the world. She bought a new house, married a handsome man and gave birth to a beautiful little girl.

Unlike Toni, Cheryl lived very sad and depressing life. She didn't feel like the place she lived in belonged to her and couldn't invite anyone in it. Cheryl fell too deep for Toni and couldn't let these thoughts go. She wasn't able to move on. It was a very painful experience for Cheryl to be left alone even though she let this break up happen. Cheryl was hating and loving Toni at the same time, fading worries in alcohol and cigarettes. Redhead lost a lot of weight and her hair stopped being as beautiful as it was before. Cheryl didn't really care about herself and other people. While ginger queen-bee was with Toni, she felt like both of them were like lovebird parrots. Turned out that only Cheryl felt that way. Cheryl hasn't been interested in anything else than Toni all these years.

One day, Toni decided to visit Cheryl with her husband and daughter. Toni told her husband about her ex-girlfriend, so he knew the story.

So, they drove to Toni's old house and parked the car near nearby.

Toni knocked on the door - nobody answered. She turned the door knob and gasped. It seemed like the house haven't been cleaned for decades. It was full of insects and dust. There were broken bottles of alcohol all over the floor and walls. It was a slight smell of cigarettes around.

Dialogue:

Avril [Toni's daughter]: Where are we mummy, and why is it so scary here?

Toni: *whispering* We are at my old house I left to my good old friend auntie Cheryl. We were very close and one day we quarreled and I decided to leave my house to her because she meant a lot for me.

Avril: Why did you leave your house to her, didn't she have her own house? And why did you quarell?

Toni: *whispering* It's a long story, honey, I'll tell you someday, when you'll be older.

Author's POV:

While they saw Cheryl, she was drinking a glass of wine and looking at the window. Her look was empty and it felt like she didn't see that Toni came.

Dialogue:

Toni: Cheryl? Is that you? What happened?

Avril: Hello, Auntie Cheryl, how are you doing?

Dave [Toni's husband]: Let's go, Toni, I feel like it's not a good idea.

Toni [to Dave]: Wait. We drove here not to just leave. I really need to know how she's doing. Maybe she needs some space and she isn't ready to speak while we all are here. So, I'm sorry, can you just leave us alone for a couple of minutes, so it would be more comfortable-

Cheryl: Wait, actually, I'd be comfortable to talk to- *excitedly* Toni, is that you? Oh my gosh.

Toni: Yeah- meet my husband Dave *Cheryl shakes his hand* and this *points to Avril* is my daughter - Avril.

Cheryl: It's my pleasure. Hi, Avril! *smiles*

Avril: Hello, auntie Cheryl! *smiles back*

Cheryl: You're so big already, time flies so fast.
How old are you already, sweetie?

Avril: I'm five!

Cheryl: So big! Wow!

Toni: And how are you, Cheryl?

Cheryl: I'm... good.

Toni: But are you?

Cheryl: Well, actually, I'm very well and alright *smiles with pain*

Toni: Maybe we could help you somehow?

Cheryl: No, I don't think so.

Dave: It's been a pleasure to meet you, Cheryl, but I think it's time to leave.

Toni: But-

Avril: Goodbye, auntie Cheryl *sadly*

Toni: *runs to Dave* *whispers* Can you please give us with Cheryl a little time? Privately.

Dave: OK, damn, well. But just a few minutes, ok?

Toni: Ok. *runs back to Cheryl*

*silence*

Toni: I- I really didn't want to disappoint you, and I really want to know how-

Cheryl: *kisses Toni in the lips giving her the biggest and tightest hug*

Toni: *tries to scream but gives in and can't resist no more*

Author's POV:

It was like if Cheryl put a hex on Toni's body. Even tho Cheryl looked messy and unpleasant, it was happening. They were making out, almost going all the way. Toni was kind of hypnotized by some witch powers.

Dave looked at the watch, then in the window and saw what was happening. He couldn't take it anymore. He took Avril and drove home. Avril was consistently asking and screaming why Dave left her mum and didn't take her home with them, but Dave was just crying and calmly repeating: "You're too little" "It's too complicated" "We're doing the right thing" etc.