For the First Time 7

"It's just like seeing her for the first time.. Again."

The rain was pouring outside early in the morning. Another week has gone by and Cody was slowly dying. Noah shot up awake realizing Cody wasn't anywhere to be found in the apartment. He grew worried. Did he return home? Did he need to get something? Anxiety got the best of the bookworm, and so he ran outside with a hoodie and baggy pants desperate to find Cody. He walked by the park where they first met because he lives near the area. He heard sobbing around the corner. Flashbacks hit the sarcastic teen. "Cody?" He called out as he walked towards the sounds. The video game fanatic realized that his boyfriend had gone out to find him. "Cody?" He called again. Cody was sobbing crying as he watched the rain pour from under the tree. Little droplets fell on his soft brunette hair. It was always his favorite place to seek comfort.

"Cody!!" Noah was relieved to see his sick boyfriend. It felt like deja vu as they sat at the exact spot and place they met in. "I'm sorry Noah.." Tears rolled down the sick geek's cheeks. He felt horrible for lying to the only person he trusts. The boy in the hoodie didn't understand why he apologized. It didn't make sense. "Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong.." Noah was perplexed. "I lied to you. I feel so awful.." Cody broke down more. "I told you I was going to live. That wasn't true. The day I went to your apartment, I had 3 weeks left to live. I wanted to spend the last of my days with you. I love you Noah, and I'm sorry I had to reveal it this way." He added. The mullet haired boy felt sad, but angry. Why didn't he just tell the truth? Why did he try to make Noah feel better by giving false hope? Did he not trust him enough? Questions filled up his head making him feel sick in the stomach.

"Cody. No need to apologize. I understand that you wanted to make me feel assured that you will live. I'm just scared to lose you. I love you even more, Cody.." They then hugged which felt like centuries. Noah tried to stay strong for the love of his life. "I'll always be there for you. I promise.." The bookworm whispered in his lover's ear as they continued the hug. The two wished this would last forever, but it can't. It was unfortunate that Noah will have to watch another person he loves leave again. He wants to tell Cody "Don't leave." But he knows  it's impossible. He's dying. Slowly.