Eight. Welcome to the Sequel

CHAPTER EIGHT – Welcome to the Sequel

|

✎

Tw – Violence/Gore

CASSIE SAT IN THE POLICE STATION. With her headphones over her ears music blasting through them as an attempt to try and distract herself. Try and act like history wasn't repeating itself again.

Denial.

The first stage of grief.

Something out of the corner of the red heads eye caught her attention. A familiar blonde. Cassie pressed the pause button on her phone quickly stood up and putting her headphones around her neck.

"Kirby?" Cassie questioned staring straight at the blonde.

"Hey, Cassie" Kirby greeted giving the red head a quick hug.

"W-What are you doing here?" She asked her tone filled with confusion.

"I'm the FBI"

"Really?" Cassie questioned. Kirby hummed out a yes with a quick nod.

"You guys know each other?" Detective Bailey asked from behind Cassie.

"Yeah. Um. S-She was friends with my sister before the..." Cassie trailed off instead of admitting her sister was a killer she made a stabbing motion.

"That's just-" Detective Bailey started, Cassie rolled her eyes.

"I don't like saying it out loud" She shot back folding her arms over her chest.

One of the officers walked over to Detective Bailey and handed him a clear plastic bag with a Ghostface mask inside of it, "We found this mask in Tina's closet. DNA traces of two individuals, Charlie Walker, Jill Roberts, both deceased"

"The Ghostface killers of 2011" Kirby said looking at the mask as Cassie looked at the ground avoiding eye contact with the two at the mention of her sister's name. "Charlie Walker gave me this" pulling up her shirt showing the two a scar on her abortment. "Like I said, I take a special interest"

"Can I leave now?" Cassie asked them. They both looked up from the mask to look at her, "I don't wanna do this again. Bury more of my friends 'cause some sick fuck decided to become a copycat"

"Cassie, but if we work together-" Kirby try to say but Cassie was already walking away in the blink of an eye.

The red head stepped out of the station to see the News Crews crowd around the station. She took a deep breath, uncomfortably adjusting the strap of her backpack before walking down the stations steps as report asked her questioned. "Did you murder your best friend like your sister did?" or "Is your brother responsible for the recent killings?" were the questions she was able to hear over the yelling.