Prying eyes are closer than you think.

Authors Note: There is quite a bit of swearing in this chapter.

I hear the double doors slam closed. I try my damndest to stay calm when I see the faces of the blonde haired teen & co. come into view. I crunch the empty can of Sporttop in my hand subconsciously before he starts talking.

"You just have to be so perfect, don't you?" Hayama says with some variety of the shit-eating grin he always wears.

"Oh, Hayama-san, what could you possibly mean?" I give him my best of impression of his trademark expression.

"You know exactly what I mean. You always just HAVE to step up and be better than me. It doesn't matter how, you just always seem to outclass me." He drops his facade for a split second. I'm close to winning and I haven't tried yet.

"We came here to take you down a notch. I don't care how, but we'll make sure Hayato comes out on top!" Tobe says this with zero shame. Ugh.

"Like he said, we came here to knock you off your high horse." Ooka says this followed by the swift movement of his right hand curled into a fist meeting his open left palm.

"Well I think I want to trot around a little more." I can tell that Hayama is about to lose his shit when his grin is replaced by a frown.

"Go, Yamato." Hayama's grin returns for a split second before Yamato's kick aimed right at my groin is intercepted by a very sneaky Ayanokoji.

"Wha?!- Yamato tries to talk before getting flipped and landing face first on the cold concrete.

"You sneaky bastard!" Tobe says before trying to take a swing Ayanokoji, getting his arm pulled into a hold above his back.

A/N: Something like this.

Ayanokoji then drops Tobe on the cold ground, followed by a swift, but clean kick to the back, probably knocking the wind out of Tobe for the rest of this one-sided fight

Ayanokoji then drops Tobe on the cold ground, followed by a swift, but clean kick to the back, probably knocking the wind out of Tobe for the rest of this one-sided fight. I smile.

Next, Ooka rushes at me this time, aiming a kick straight at my left knee. If I let him get his hit off, I'll be coming out of this on a stretcher, having accomplished nothing.

If I dodge left of this kick, it will hit my right leg. Not as bad as my left leg, but it will still do a considerable amount of damage. Taking this into account, I dodge just to the right of his kick.

"You're a quick thinker aintcha?" He says looking completely surprised I dodged his kick.

"It wasn't that complicated dude." I respond.

"Well it doesn't matter anyway, after this next hi-" He's cut off by my swift punch to his solar plexus area, making his legs drop to the concrete.

A punch to the solar plexus will not knock someone out, but it will knock the wind out of them, and sometimes makes their legs buckle after a quick contraction of the diaphragm, like in this situation.

After Ooka was in a groveling-like position due to getting the wind knocked out him, I look over to Ayanokoji. I give him a look that should tell him "I'm lost, what next?" He points to his ribs.

I aim a kick to Ooka's ribs, but before I can go through with it, Ooka shoots his head up and grabs my foot with both hands.

"You okay? You've got tears in your eyes." I say with genuine concern in my voice.

"I give up, just don't hurt me more. That last one hurts like a bitch." Okay...?

"Sure."

As I looked up, I realized Hayama was gone from where he was earlier.

I look over at Ayanokoji who's at my right, and before I can say anything, his eyes shoot wide open. I look to left and see Hayama coming at me about 10 feet away with his fist laughably held at his eye level, but I catch his punch in my hand before it can hit me.

Ha, I've won.

"And there it is." Yukinoshita comes out from behind a pillar holding her phone, which shows that she's been recording for exactly 2 minutes and 54 seconds, the exact amount of time that has passed since our scuffle began.

"Wha- No. No, no, no, no! No!"

"Yes, Hayama, yes. You know what this means right? The Hayama family's heir to the company fighting the esteemed Yukinoshita's youngest daughters boyfriend? You're in big trouble." This is what I've been waiting for. For it to all crash down on him. Now it's time to realize just how much better I am than him.

"I really am perfect, aren't I? My teammate and I came out of this fight completely unharmed, and here you are in all of your glory, teammates of the ground and all. Life ruined. How does it feel?" I gave him one last shit-eating grin for the road.

He's been on his knees ever since Yukinoshita came out from her cover. He probably hasn't grasped just how much he fucked up, so I called someone else too.

25 minutes later and my guest arrives, with the Yukinoshita sisters mother in tow. I assume Yukinoshita had told her to come to the school right around the time I called Hiratsuka-sensei.

"You've certainly gotten into trouble this time, Hayama-kun." Yukinoshita says from my direct left, shooting her mom a smile.

"Hello Yukino, Hikigaya-kun. You two aren't hurt are you?"

"Not even in the slightest." I shoot her a grin.

"This really has been a shitshow." Hiratsuka-sensei says before taking a deep inhale from her cigarette.

Authors Note #4

Thank you all for 70 votes and 1000 reads. This feels like such a momentous mile stone that I don't even know what to say. I'm sorry this probably isn't as long as you wanted.

I tried my hardest to write a semi-decent fight scene with my lack of fight experience, hopefully it wasn't too terrible 😅. Anyways, I wanted to say that I'm looking for a beta reader for this story. If anyone wants become a beta reader, DM me and I can give you my Discord. As always, thank you for reading and have a good day.