Chapter One: The Past

Hi, I'm Luna Perez I'm a 17 year old Mexican-American girl, I started Depression at a really young age, I was raised in a Toxic household, and I had trust issues my entire life cause of my past, I never really had real friends growing up, they would always spread my secrets or talk about me behind my back, I just started to stop making friends and I pushed everyone away from me, growing up I never trusted anyone, I used to trust my sister...but I realized the person she had become.., I was the youngest until the younger twins came, I had always been a poor kid, I was also over weight growing up and I never did have a social life, and I always hated everything in my life.

Whenever I was 11 I made a friend whose name was Han Lee he was a cute Asian who had lots of fan girls but however never dated anyone, I only had 3 friends at that time, Han Lee, Zack Wilson, Lexi Ortega, Lexi was my friend since birth, her parents and my parents were friends, I had 1 online friend named Hannah, she lived in a different country though, I also had another friend named Sandra, she lived pretty close to me but we never met in person, Sofia Perez, my older sis she was always a good person to me, I love her so much,  At the age of 7 my father Diego Perez started to abuse my mother Catalina Perez, my older brother Eric Lopez was adopted by my father, his parents died when he was 7 so he came in as our older brother, Most of the time we would go to the neighbors, my younger siblings Silvia and Juan Perez would always be confused to what they were doing, I would tell them that they were just playing around.

Our neighbors always asked what was wrong, we just said our mom and dad wanted privacy, which were never true, well this was my life as an 11 year old....

"Sofia, do you think one day everything will change?" Luna asked her sister in a sad voice while she sits on her bed reading a book with Sofia across her on the other side of their bedroom.

"I'm not sure Luna, I really hope so but I can't promise you for sure it will, but I can promise you as your older sister I will make sure to do everything in my power to protect you" Sofia say as she smiled at little sister which was only 2 years younger than her.

Their brother Eric walks into the bedroom with a gentle and warming smile "Yo sisters, dinner is done come eat, Please" Eric comes over to the bed and sits onto it "Mom is in her bedroom and doesn't want to be bothered".

Luna and Sofia nod their heads as Alma says "Do you know where Dad is, will he eat dinner with us?".

"Sorry Luna not today, he went out with some chick" Eric says as he seems sad.

"Oh...Well I guess it's only the kids again, It's alright Luna".

"You're right Sofia, Let's go eat!".

They walk into the dining room with the Mom throwing their food because she was angry and the twins in the corner and are scared, silently crying, Alma runs over to the twins and takes them to her room.

"Wanna go out then?" Sofia whispers to Eric, Eric seems sad.

"I worked hard on dinner, but sure" Eric whispers back to Sofia in a disappointed voice.

"YOU TWO, CLEAN THIS NOW YOU UNGRATEFUL BRATS! NOW OR ELSE" The mother screams and storms away slamming her door behind her.

"She's drunk again" Sofia says "I'll clean this up, you go get the car ready, you can get the money from my drawer, and I'll get the siblings".

Eric sighs and nods his head "Alright, I'll be in the car".

Eric gets the car keys and the money and gets the car ready, Luna grabs the kids and puts them into the car, Sofia cleans the mess and gets into the car, They arrive at McDonald's and they order food and goes to a park to eat. Eric passes the food around and they start to eat.

"So Luna how's Sandra doing?" Sofia looks over to Luna and smiles while eating her chicken sandwich with no lettuce.

"Oh um...She um ghosted me.." Luna's eyes start to water a little and she looks away and changes the subject "So how's school Eric".

"Oh, it's been good, I'm glad I'm finally a senior though" Eric says while eating his food

"Yeah true, no more homework"Luna tried to hide the fact that she's not okay...She's broken...She hates her life but shes's still going on with life hoping that it will get better....She's been through a lot. Luna doesn't talk until they get home.

The entire night Luna is quiet...She won't talk she just lays on her bed, She falls asleep then wakes up the next morning at 6:00 am to get ready for school, She showers dresses, makes her bed, and gets the twins ready for school, she gets on the bus at 7:30, she arrives at school at 7:40, she walks to class and sits in the back as always on her phone texting her friend which is online...Her name is Hannah. Hannah lives in a different country than Luna...but she is a very nice girl and loves making Luna happy and comfortable and is always there for her when Luna needs her, As the school days goes by she talks to Lexi and Han...Her other friend Zack wasn't at school.

As the day is about to end Luna is talking to Lexi in P.E and they laugh when Han comes up and puts his hand around Luna's shoulder. "Hey Luna, What are you laughing about" He puts on a warm nice smile and hugs Luna.

"O-Oh um well me and Lexi are talking about whenever we were kids how we would jump off the trampoline into the pool" Luna looks at Lexi and they laugh "I'm sorry Han it's kinda a inside joke" Luna hugs Han so he doesn't feel left out.

Han laughs "No it's alright" he hugs Luna back and kisses her head "How are you Luna?" He stands beside her staring at her smiling.

"Oh I've been good" Luna puts on a smile and Han nods, Luna looks at Lexi and shes mad "Lexi, you good?" She looks over at Han and back at Lexi and clears her throat "I gotta go" she quickly leaves and Lexi follows.

"What the hell Luna! what are you?! a fake friend!" She yells at Luna for speaking to Han, and she has a huge crush on him.

"No, no, I'm so sorry Luna..." Luna starts to cry and Luna gets mad and runs out and Han hears the yelling and goes to make sure Luna is alright and safe.

"Luna?" He yells and sees Luna crying and runs to hug her "What's wrong? What happened? Was it Lexi?" He seems mad and hugs Luna, Luna stays silent and he gets mad and drags Luna to Lexi to fuss at her for what she did "Lexi what the hell?! Why would you do this?!".

 Lexi stares at Han and starts to fake crying "I'm sorry! Please don't hate me Han, I didn't mean to!" She runs up to Han and hugs him tightly while apologizing to him for hurting Luna, Han pushes her off , gives her a mean look, and walks away with Luna, She immediately stops crying  and gets even more pissed "That fucking bitch, just wait...Just wait.." She smirks and walks away. 

While Han is pulling Luna away she stops "Han, you shouldn't have done that! Lexi is gonna be so pissed..." Luna sounds honestly scared of Lexi, she lets go on Han's hand "Thank you but..I'm gonna go" She walks away and goes to class, Later that day she was just on her phone...Later she gets home to see her mom and dad arguing again, she walks to her room 2 hours later, it's 5:30.

"WHERE IS THAT UNGRATEFUL BRAT?!"