Chapter 9 - The Chase

Police kicked in the doors of the Pierson mansion storming through the house, calling out their presence. Jasper and June were cuffed and forced into the back of the police car whilst they searched thoroughly forbl
Auberi

A window breaking echoed throughout the already drearily quite mansion, the squad charging to the source of the noise seeing Auberi escaped out of sight.

"Argh, FU*K!" The commanding office leading the squad roared in anger punching his fist through a part of the intact broken window before breaking it sending more shards of glass down to the ground below "Take her parents into custody, I will have no Pierson roaming the streets of Chanaea Horington, Find her now!"

The others quickly bobbed their heads, taking Jasper and June back down to the station, placing them in separate holding cells

"Jasper, how are we going to help Auberi?" June asked her husband, still hopeful he'd help her.

"We aren't. She made this mess and look where it got us. You're no better June. I'm ashamed to have married you. You spoilt our daughter, and look what happened." Jasper spoke through gritted teeth, hitting his hand against the bars.

June went silent from embarrassment and humiliation hanging her head she retreated into the darkness of her holding cell

One of the higher ranking police officers came in, "Right Mr and Mrs Pierson, you have two choices. Tell us where your daughter may be headed or rot in jail for covering up her crimes."

June huffed in anger, turning away from the office he clenched his baton with anger as Jasper spoke, "She's going to the docks to leave Chanaea Horington."

"Jasper, how could you!" June screamed at her husband after he revealed their daughter's location."I'm not protecting her anymore, june! She's an adult and needs to learn from the consequences."

"She made a mistake, Jasper!"

Jasper growled at his wife. "So abusing Edward and Wednesday and sabotaging Roxannes breaks and putting her into a coma is a mistake! It's pure evil she needs locking up!"

The officer fiddled with his keys, unlocking Jaspers cell, letting him walk free

Jasper left the station without once looking back towards his wife.

"She escaped!" Lucian roared with rage into the phone at the officers he ordered to arrest Auberi,

"Calm down, Mr Farwell, we know she's heading towards the docks." A shaking voice responded.

"Have every ship plane train and taxi service in Horington blacklist her she is not leaving this country!" Lucian ordered the officers quickly obliged hanging up.

Edward heard his father and went up to him. "Daddy, what's wrong?"

Lucian rubbed his temple, hearing his son he knelt down, ruffling his hair affectionately. "It's something you're too young to understand, yet Edward, go back to your sister and Archie and Caleb, okay?"

Edward nodded, hugging his father before going back into the main lounge playing with his siblings as Lucian went to Roxanne. "Auberi escaped. I promise she won't be let out of Horington."

"Lucian, I appreciate it, but you're draining yourself. You need rest." Roxanne spoke to Lucian softly

"I'm not resting, not until she's behind bars." Lucian looked into Roxannes olive green eyes

Roxanne forced a small smile on her lips she knew not to antagonise Lucian farther as he already had much on his mind with keeping Edward and Wednesday safe from her.