Chapter 11: What the heart desires.

With Christmas on the horizon, Y/N found himself in the middle of a prank war. Tulip was quite the prankster and so were the Weasley twins... upon meeting one another, war broke out. Poor professor Quirrel got snowballs thrown into the back of his turban by both Tulip and the Twins who were trying to outdo one another. Thanks to this however, they all got detention.

 Then there was the freezing cold from the outside. Y/N was almost always next to Indigo who was a bit bigger and now covered in his blue feathers again. Indigo was providing Y/N a new sense of warmth for him. Y/N had Indigo's head poking from his scarf keeping both of them warm. It was a nice time for Y/N as he finally got to really enjoy the festivities of Christmas.

Most of his childhood was spent alone in a shabby looking house. He didn't get to decorate a tree or open any gifts. Remus never had the money and Louie wasn't the type to celebrate Christmas. Y/N was now in an environment where Christmas was in the air, and it was wonderful.

But that wasn't all on his mind. Y/N was hungry for answers and now, he was getting answers on Nicholas Flamel. At least trying to, while everyone else was enjoying the Christmas atmosphere, Y/N was in the library flipping through books. For Y/N, he wanted to know his past and his mysterious bird friend. Y/N wanted to know about the things that he couldn't remember.

Y/N wanted to know Indigo's origins, he wanted to know who his father was, and he really wanted to know what the heck happened to his family. How can a family so prestigious and powerful be killed so easily? It made no sense to him, everyone kept bringing up how great and powerful his family is. They seemed to be a part of everything yet somehow, they were all gone. Wiped out, and it made no sense. That spell Book Y/N is in possession of, showed him many great things. Spells that only the most powerful of wizards could only dream of.

"How did they die?! They're too freaking powerful. That makes no sense!" Y/N murmured angrily as he dropped his books for Nicholas Flamel and looked through his family spell book.

"These people had access to all of this! They were some of the best at everything! Dueling, Quidditch, spell-making, spellcasting. One of them was even a headmaster at this school! They were aurors and all, they fought all sorts of dark wizards! How does a family this powerful, get wiped out?!" A confused and overwhelmed Y/N spoke as he looked through his family spell book. As he was looking, he felt baby Indigo rubbing his head against his chin in an attempt to calm the boy down.

"I'm fine, just lost. This family has whole books of them doing these things. Articles of their greatness, how does this happen? What kind of force could've done that?!" Y/N said trying to think of the possibilities. "Is someone really that strong?" Y/N asked himself as someone sat in front of him. More specifically, two someone's 

"Y/N? You doing, okay? You missed the Twins and Tulip's prank battle. Tulip unleashed a mega dungbomb while they were eating. It was awesome!" Levi said excitedly, however, the excitement died down when Y/N's frustrated face caught their eyes. Paul then broke the silence, "What's wrong? Something happen? You look really upset Y/N." Levi nodded as he looked at the assortment of books Y/N had. "You need space? What's up?" Levi asked as he put the books in neat stacks.

"No, I'm just lost. How does my entire family get wiped out when they've done so much amazing things." Y/N said as Paul listened intently. "Ya know, that does bother me too. Since I've been here, I've heard on and on about your great family. Yet, they all got wiped out, how?" Paul asked as Levi sighed.

"You two don't know about "He who must not be named" do you?" Levi asked with concern. "Paul is Muggleborn and I was hidden away. So that'd be a no." Y/N replied as Paul nodded indicating that he was lost as well. "Well, he was a super bad dude, the leader of the Death Eaters and the man who slaughtered the potters and the L/Ns." Levi nearly dropped the books he was holding as he saw the pained look on Y/N's face.