Ch 1

(Kaelan's Pov)

Walking home from the convenience store I work at I reluctantly walk through the dark alleyways of Seoul to get home. As I make it halfway home I immediately grimace when I see a bunch of drunk alphas blocking the way. Taking a deep breath I keep my head down and make myself as small as possible then try to make my way around them. But just as I go to pass them my arms suddenly grabbed and I'm dragged backwards. "Well look what we have here. A pretty little omega." I grimace and try to get away only to be roughly grabbed by the back of my nape and dragged backwards again. "Now now pretty where do you think your going?" I growl at them squirming. "Let me go!" They laugh and one of the alphas buries his face in my neck making me feel sick when he nuzzles against my scent gland he letting out a soft noise. "This one smells so sweet boys." Immediately feeling panic I bring my foot back and kick the alpha straight in the knee as hard as I can he letting go with a yelp and I quickly start running as fast as I can. Right as I turn a corner I slam into something firm making me stumble backwards a little. I feel arms wrap around my waist making me panic and squirm. "Whoa! Calm down I'm not going to hurt you!" I look up seeing a very attractive alpha a little older than me with blonde hair and give him a panicked look. "Please help they're trying to hurt me." He gives me a look of confusion until the alphas from earlier show up angry looks on their faces. "There he is." I whimper and the alpha holding me gently lets go pushing me behind him he looking at the alpha's in front of us. "I would leave if I were you." The five of them scoff. "Oh yeah? It's five of us against you." Suddenly the alpha protecting me makes a slight move and the five alphas in front of us looks at him wide eyed before they slowly start backing away. "We don't want any trouble. We didn't know he was spoken for." I watch in confusion as they all run off with their tails between their legs. The alpha who helped me turns to face me I giving him a confused look. "Um thanks but how did you get them to leave?" He brushes me off. "Don't worry about it. Now why are you out this late walking through dangerous alleyways?" I lower my head a little mumbling. "I'm just trying to get home." He raises an eyebrow at me. "And that requires you to walk through the alleyways?" I nod. "It's the fastest way." He slowly nods and I check the time before cursing. "Shit I was supposed to be home thirty minutes ago. I gotta go." Before the alpha can say anything I run away and head home running up the steps before trying the doorknob cursing when I see it's locked. Letting out a groan I slide my back down the door and face the streets hugging my knees to my chest shivering from the cold night air. I fight the urge to sleep when suddenly I hear footsteps making me jerk awake and I look up seeing the alpha who helped me earlier. Immediately frowning I give him a wary look. "Why are you here?" He suddenly shoves his hoodie at me with a stern "here so you won't freeze." I cautiously take it and put it on with a mumbled "thanks." As soon as it's on I practically melt at the strong scent of vanilla coming from the jacket and swallow. I then see the alpha walking off down the street I watching him turn a corner and disappear. Sighing I snuggle into the warm hoodie it making me feel safe and content I slowly falling asleep leaning against the door the word mate in the back of my mind.