- Chapter 11- Game, Set, Match

I had been worrying about this moment since Draco told me what I had to do. As the team huddled up to discuss our strategy, that dooming feeling in my stomach became progressively worse, I felt as though I was going to throw up. I couldn't understand a word Oliver was saying, my mind felt scattered. It had started to snow which made it even worse for my brain to try to comprehend what was happening with little bright flakes of ice flurrying in front of my face.

As we all mounted our brooms and flew up into the air everyone cheered as the commentator introduced the teams and tried to rile up the other students and teachers. I scanned my eyes over the crowd as we were flying around trying to spot Draco through the blur of white, I squinted my eyes and there I saw that blonde hair. He was already looking up at me with that stupid grin on his face. He nodded his head towards me, as if he needed to remind me what I had to do. I got into position as Madame Hooch came onto the field.

"Now I want a nice clean game!" She announced as she released the bludgers and then the golden snitch which Harry kept his eyes firmly placed on. Madame Hooch then threw the quaffle into the air and the game began. I watched as my teammates grabbed the quaffle and flew towards the goal on the other side of the field, passing it around backwards and forwards so none of the Slytherin players could keep up. Everything was going so fast I didn't even notice that my team had scored, I could barely see through the snow. I heard the commentator shout "TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!" Automatically I began cheering for the team until I looked down to see Draco shaking his head disapprovingly from side to side. Anxiety was building up inside of me and making me light-headed, I don't know what I could possibly do, I was stuck. I just had to hope the Slytherin seeker would find the snitch instead of Harry.

I was too busy thinking about what would happen if Draco told my dad, or anyone, what I had done with him that I never even saw the quaffle coming straight towards me. I ducked quickly out of the way and turned to watch as the ball went straight through the hoop. I watched as the Slytherin students in the stands cheered, whilst the Gryffindor students all gasped and stared in my direction, my teammates all looked straight at me too. I had never once let Slytherin get the ball past me, I saw people start to whisper and it made me feel sick again. My body was threatening to collapse as that light-headed feeling turned into dizziness and disorientation. The whole game had come to a pause and I didn't know what to do, the snow was now stronger pelting into my face and I closed my eyes but the darkness of my eyelids closed me in and the worry inside of me kept building up as I became claustrophobic and unable to breathe, a panic attack was creeping up on me and I began to shake and my broom no longer felt stable. Everything built up and all at once it just stopped. I slid off the side of my broom passing out on my way down, the last thing I remember seeing and hearing was Harry flying down to try catch me, yelling out my name.

I woke up in the hospital bed, in a soaking wet quidditch uniform that was sticking to my skin. I looked around the room, only one light was on and it was the lamp that was next to my bed, aside from me the room was completely empty, I glanced to the window to see the sky outside was pitch black. I guess that made more sense as to why I was the only person in the room, everyone else must be in their dorms sleeping. I propped myself up expecting to be a bit achy considering I would've hit the ground pretty hard but strangely I wasn't sore at all aside from a minor headache. I guess Harry must've caught me before I hit the ground. I reached to the side table to grab the glass of water that had been left there, when I heard footsteps coming towards the room. I thought I was the nurse coming to check up on me or possibly Harry sneaking out to see me but it was the last person I wanted to see, Malfoy.

He walked in hesitantly raising his eyebrows as he saw that I was awake. He sat himself down on the bed next to mine and looked like he was trying to hold back laughter.