𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

A/N: Read at your own risk. This book covers a sexual assault or rape scene that's just part of the plot. This and would only be this part will have this kind of scene, any future scenes like this will only be a reminisce on the past by the main characters. If you are against it, so am I, feel free to skip this part.

*****

I scrambled on getting my things as fast as I could, I was about to sleep in since I'm still jet lagged but the painful news awoken me, I didn't bother dressing up and just put on a trench coat, after which I immediately headed downstairs.

"Where are you going mah fee? Are you heading to the Toussaint's?" My mother inquired as she watched me stumble on my step.

"Oui maman." She held her chest and her eyes watered with sympathy and grievance. She nodded and gestured for me to come closer, she caressed my cheeks softly that made me let out a faint smile.

"Please see that child. Who knows what she's thinking right now." I nodded in determination. We just heard the news that the cruise-ship where Dani's parents are on board has sunk. It's all over the news this morning where thousands of lives have perished.

We just arrived home from France since I just graduated .. I was about to surprise her since it's her birthday and she just turned eighteen. I wanted to tell her .. that I'm accepting her as my- ipinilig ko ang ulo ko to shake up my thoughts. My hands trembled as the unfathomable pain that I'm feeling for Dani succumbs to my being.

"Oh gosh." I whispered in the air and wiped the tears that trickled down my cheeks. I went out of my car when I arrived and looked at the mansion up front.

I took a deep sigh and made my way inside. I'm expecting for the atmosphere to be in chaos and busy but the eerie silence that greeted me makes my heart thump in so much nervousness, even Marcel is not on sight. Mabilis akong naglakad papunta sa kwarto ni Dani.

I didn't bother knocking and just immediately opened her door. I scanned the room and the first thing that caught my eyes was her bed that's still neatly in place, my eyes moved to the suitcases in the corner. I slowly walked on it and saw that it still has a baggage tag. So she just arrived from Paris?

I walked around the room until my feet landed on the balcony. There, I saw her, sitting on the ground with only a light that was emitting from her room, surrounded with empty brandies and a can of beers.

"Dani." I called in a mere whisper. She didn't make any move, I quietly walked to her front, nakayuko lang ito. Dahan-dahan kong inilapit ang kamay ko para hawakan siya sa balikat and that's when she stiffened.

She slowly lifted her head to meet my eyes, at first it was all blank but I can see how in despair she is, I felt bad for her, losing your parents at eighteen is such an abominable news, but then it slowly turned cold and I watched as her jaw clenched which caught me off guard.

She looked at me from head to toe with those cold and mad like orbs. This is the first time that she gave me that look. She's always so soft on me kahit palagi ko siyang sinusungitan, but I always make sure to look out for her feelings.

I was meaning to accept her love ever since but I was just waiting for her to turn eighteen, and now that the time comes, I'm not sure if I can say it now as she might take it the wrong way.

We stared at each other for about a minute or two until she finally crack the barrel.

"What're you doing here Circe?" even her voice is cold. My forehead creased, why is she calling me in that name? She always calls me by my nickname which is ceecee or sherr, but not my first name, even if she's serious, she still goes by my nickname. Is she mad at me?