Chapter 1

A HUNDRED YEARS BACK

~~~~~~

"This time-travel will lead you to any place you want." An old man said and a young boy cracked laughing, "What are you laughing at?" The man asked in confusion, "Time-travel?" The boy asked in between his laughs, it's unbelievable he thinks.
     "Grandpa.. I'll believe everything else you say, other then this once." He respected him and stopped laughing, but no matter what, he wasn't ready to believe the machine.
    "A day will come when you'll need this young men.. for now let's go down for dinner."
Even his grandpa gave up, because he can't prove it to him, the machine has its own rule too.

      Going outside the beach house both grandpa and son, saw their family sitting on a huge dinning table, they smiled at each other and walked more to reach them,
    "Hello, hello." The boy's mother greeted them.
      Everyone sat on their chairs and started eating, "Thank you everyone for coming to this thanksgiving over here." His grandma spoke, everyone smiled.
  "Felix.." grandma called him after the dinner, he turned back and came close to her to talk, "Here, take this." She passed him a book, "You won't regret reading this." She continued and winked at him then walked away.
   Why are my grandparents acting strange, I only came after a year.
He thought.

His intentions were to read the book and also try out the so-called Time travel machine but both couldn't be done as he got such distracted by his friends to spend the summer nights outside.
   Going to bars and clubs, having enjoyable time with his friends, his vacations got over and time to leave back to the same cold Canada.
  With his parents he filled the trunk with suitcases, "I did intended to do what you guys said but couldn't." Felix disappointedly passed the book back to grandma, "Keep it." She said and pushed back the book to him.
     He smiled and kissed her forehead, hugged grandpa and left. "I will try your machine one day.." he whispered in his ears before going.

On the weekends he read the book, he got attached to the book in only a few chapters, the alone girl shown in the novel—he started picturing her in his imagination.
    He wanted to read more of the useless story just because he knows it's a true story as mentioned in the start. A spark was rose inside of him to travel back in time, so he could bring joy to that lonely girl.
    He read all her struggles and all her happiness.
It's an very old book, exactly a hundred years back. In only two weeks he completed the  novel and closed the book.
  He signed and closed his eyes shut, he snuggled into his blanket and laid down..
loud crying noises and sniffs were heard. He got a little too attached to the girl on the page. He wanted to do everything just to change the last page. The page where she suicides sick of everything and everyone.
      "I hate, hate hate After all." Felix came out fo his room and sat on the sofa in the lounge, "That book grandma gave you?" His mother asked while peeling the skin of the potato. "Mhmm, I hate the ending.. She dies." Felix signed and took the pillow from his right and let tear out.
   "Ella dies?" His mom asked in shock and interest in knowing the plot, she knows some things about the book as Felix was so much into it so she had to know something, he nodded. She left her work which she was doing and sat beside him, "Oh dear, it's just book. Don't get too attached to it." She said. He knew it's late.

"She doesn't deserve to die. She deserves to live." He said and wiped his tear, only one thing came to his mind and it to use his grandpa's time travel locket.
    He is well aware it's fake, but the tension he has for Ella—he was also ready to believe a fraud fortune-teller.
   "I-I need to meet grandpa." He said and dialed his number on the phone quickly without letting his mom utter word against it.
    Since childhood he has always been a stubborn arrogant boy, lives by his own rule and only respects people who deserve it, being expressive wasn't his thing since his parents separated and no one listened to him then,
       Many girls approached him only for looks no one accepted his rude behavior which they could change.. the girl—Ella in the novel 'After all.' He felt a connection to her.
  She was talking to him, understanding him, same for him too, he was trying to understand her feelings in different situations, he discovered some new unknown feelings, without knowing her actual face he was ready to accept her flaws, her past and what she has done to herself.

———————————————————

"What brings you here?" Grandpa asked him once he reached their house in such hurry, "I need your time travel machine." Felix said, he was all out of breathe, grandma rushed to him with a glass of water and he denied it politely. "Just the locket."
    Grandpa smiled at him and gesture him to follow. They went to the locket with was in a safe.

"Here it is." He passed it gently in Felix's soft tanned hands. "Any advice?" Felix asked. "Hmm, it can only be used once, to and come back.. only once." Grandpa gave him a bummer. Shit. He thought but didn't have time to waste to he wore the locket in his neck and within a moment he was thrown to some green grass in mountain.

"That was a hard landing." He commented and stood up massaging his right arm in which he fell.  "Where am I?" He asked to himself and looked around to the surrounding, without second thought he understood its the mountain of peace, ins hi he Ella goes in every two months.

"If I time traveled from my mind set, it means I came 2 months before she died!" He screamed and ran down the green mountain, the view he was seeing was spectacular, greenery everywhere, flowers on mountain is a dream, is also peace.
   Just as he imagined he saw.
"This was Iceland a 100 years back." He said and stopped at a point where he saw the village starting, as he knows well which of the houses will be Ella's it wasn't hard for him to discover things.

He took a deep breathe in front of wood build walls and knocked on the half broken door. "Coming.." he heard Ella say, her voice, more sweeter then he had expected, more broken then he had expected too. That angelic tone which wasn't much clear behind the walls sent chills down his spine.
     The crock sound of the doorknob and the loud wood noise revealed Ella.
In a half torn dress which was safely hiding her sensitive parts of the body, her hair was in a messy bun.. mud filled shoes. The worst condition any men could see.
   But her chocolate brown eyes—light freckles and rose colored lips stole the show.
He signed after looking at her natural features.
  "How may I help you?" She asked, dusting of the dirt from her dress. "Ah-umm can I come in?" He asked, he was too startled, since the moment he landed here, he couldn't believe he is actually there, now talking to Ella.
  He had no plans.
    Neither was he ready for this,
But he is surely ready for doing anything for his Ella, the one he promised to give a happy ending.