XI

...

It's getting worse. It's only been 3 days and I'm acting like a fucking lunatic.

Stupid work has been keeping me away from her and I come home too exhausted to see her in the middle of the night.

It's now Thursday and I'm almost ready to show her the real me. Almost. Just a little longer dove.

Today I had to work super late with Dorian on a new project I'm working on. We're trying to expand our buildings to Rome and expand the company from there.

It'd be easier for me to work there since I have family littered all over the country and I do happen to speak the national language.

Shutting my laptop with a sigh, I pack up all my things and head to my personal bathroom to change for tonight.

~~

As I arrive at her house, I don't see any lights on inside and it's well past 10pm which makes me a little puzzled. Usually she watches one episode of a random TV show before heading off to bed.

Nevertheless, I still make my way inside carefully and head upstairs to her room.

Opening the door, I find myself surprised to see that there's no trace of her anywhere here. What the fuck?

My timing is never off when it comes to her so this is a bit peculiar that I'd show up and she's not here.

Dammit, I should've checked her phone status.

I just decide to walk around her room and familiarize myself with her possessions.

Waking over to her bookshelf, I find numerous picture frames of her, her mother, and grandma together. Her smile is absolutely breathtaking in every single one. She's so beautiful I could forget my own name. No seriously, what is my name?

After a few more minutes, I walk over to her bed and sit on the edge, taking in the scent of her room.

Everything smells so good; I just want to bask in her scent forever.

Too tired from today's work, I decide to let myself rest until she comes back. I'll know if she enters the house, I'll always know.

I pull my hood over my head and can't help but rest on her pillow. The mattress topper feels so amazing against my tense muscles that I slowly drift off into a deep sleep.

~~

AURORA

How could I forget my birth control?! Curse my short term memory. I'm now driving all the way back to my house from Katrina's apartment because of my stupid pills.

I don't even take them to prevent pregnancy; it's for my period! Ugh. Being a woman is so tiresome sometimes.

Haley decided to fly out and surprise us so we all decided to spend the night together with Katrina hosting.

They wanted to come with me, but I told them I'd make it quick and be back before they knew it. It's well past 11 and I'm super exhausted from today. Exhausted from sleeping in and watching movies.