IV

AURORA

This Friday marks the two week anniversary of being fired and I've been struggling to meet ends with paying for grandma's treatment, bills, food, and basically just staying alive.

It's only Wednesday and Katrina has been nonstop trying to loan me some money but every time she tries to sneakily slide me a one hundred bill, I just shove it back into her purse.

She's been trying to look for a job for me, but all the positions at Greco were filled up so fast this past week, there's none left for me to apply to.

She told me that she heard there's some availability at Moretti Enterprises and said she'll get back to me by the end of this week.

So far, I've watched and read the entire Harry Potter series and physically made an imprint of my body on my couch from how many hours I would spend either laying down or sitting on it. I like it think of that as an accomplishment.

After graduating from obsessing over Mattheo Riddle, I've moved onto the entire Marvel series which should last me until Friday. I hope.

A phone call sounds from the kitchen island and I walk over to see the caller ID. It's one of my other good friends; Haley that I haven't been able to talk to in some time because she's currently volunteering in Ghana helping medical associates with malnourished and sick infants.

"Haley? I haven't seen you in ages honey!" I exclaim.

"I know! I've been so busy here, I haven't found anytime to go on my phone. The group chat has literally blown up my phone. Like literally." I laugh at her exaggeration. There's a group chat with about six other girls including Katrina who we all met through college and stayed in touch with after graduation.

"How's Ghana? Oh my god and how are the kids doing?" I ask.

"Oh my god they're literally the sweetest human beings on the planet! I believe everyone should take advantage of this opportunity here, it's truly wonderful." I smile at how full her heart truly is.

"Oh I bet oh also-" I'm cut off by her responding to someone in the distance from what I can tell.

"Oh my god Aurora I'm so sorry! I have to go help one of the doctors but I'll be sure to text and update you soon!"

"Oh girl it's okay, go save some lives love you!" I say.

"I love you more sugar, I'll see you soon!" She says before hanging up.

~~

I take a leisurely stroll on the park to get some fresh air after living and breathing all things Harry Potter for an entire week. I place down my blanket and my picnic basket and open up my tote bag to start my next sewing project. Katrina loves funky tops so I'm trying to design something asymmetrical that'll please her wacky brain. Lol.

I stick the thread through the needle as I glance up taking in the surroundings of all things Central Park. Numerous people walk by and I analyze every single one of them just trying to make some sense of the world.

One person in particular peeks my interest and it's a fairly tall man walking in the direction I came from. I can see him holding a steaming cup of coffee from I'm guessing the coffee stand just a little further down the park. He has his hood on and he raises his cup up to his lips to take a swig of the coffee.