Chapter 2: The Host Club

Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club, but I do own Lauren Hiironosora

Chapter 2: The Host Club

'This place has one gym, you'd think with other hundreds of students they'd have more lockers.' Lauren grumbled as her tie lay loosely around her neck and she trudged up the stairs. She might as well familiarize herself with the place while she had the time. It was after school hours and only the clubs were active at the moment. A very faint stream of laughter and chatter came from one hallway. Lauren's head tilted as the sound she reached her ears. Curious, she followed the noises up the stairs and into a hallway. Wide windows were adjacent to her and a sunny sky could be seen. She looked up as she came to a stop in front of the room where the murmuring voices had been coming from, a music room. Taking a step forward, she reached with her hand to grasp the knob when it suddenly burst open. A whole flood of yellow came streaming out and in the blink of an eye – it was like they were never there. The door was left gaping open and Lauren stood up while fixing her askew hair. She stepped forward into the seemingly empty room when she was abruptly assaulted by rose petals flying toward her face. Her eyes widened and she began to cough erratically at the surprise. Eyes watering, she looked up to find the Host Club staring up at her.

"Welcome" They all chanted the greeting simultaneously. She managed to grumble out a 'hello'. The blonde man from earlier stepped forward, Tamaki, her eyes shined in recognition. Behind him stood a group of boys. A tall man stood with his backing facing Lauren, he had black hair with soft spikes. Another man had a pair of glasses of his face and a cunning smile, a notebook in his hands, his hair was combed neatly. A pair of twins stood beside each other with bright red hair and a mischievous aura about them. A boy stood – probably reaching no more than her chest – holding a pink stuffed bunny in his arms, he had short blonde hair that framed his soft smile and cheerful eyes. The girl from earlier, Haruhi, send her a smile and Lauren noticed with a grin that she was wearing a boy's uniform as well.

"Oh wow, it's a boy." The twins looked slightly surprised as they said it simultaneously. They nonchalantly nodded at each other. Lauren narrowed her eyes at the comment before rolling them, 'Wow, I guess these binds really hide them well.'

"Ah, you must be the transfer student." Tamaki beamed before cocking his head and scanning his eyes over my form.

"I didn't expect you to be so openly gay!" Lauren clenched her teeth as the statement sent another blow to her self esteem.

"What is this place?" She raised an eyebrow and quickly scanned around the room, no sign of any instruments in the music room. Over ten tables and couches lay around the room. The tables had tea cups and plates left to clean.

"Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the elite private school, Ouran academy. The Ouran host club is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and beautiful." 'So, this is what a host club is...'

"So tell me," Tamaki stepped forward to grab my hand and spin me around to bring me closer to the group of boys..err..host club.

"What kind of guys are you into? Do you like the strong and silent type?" The tall man turned his body toward her and gave a slight nod.

"The boy Lolita?" The little boy jumped up and down in the spot hugging his bunny even closer. She resisted the urge to 'Aww'.

"How about the mischievous type?" The twins grinned and crossed the arms together.