✧.* Chapter 16 *.✧

Chapter 16

"You two are partners for todays lesson." She said, batting her eyelashes. We sat down at a decent sized birch table. Miss birdie handed us two big heavy books. "Keep that, you'll need it." She said, walking away. On the cover was golden spirals and trees and what looked like a kelpie. "All right class. Since this is technically your first day of classes, you will be with me all day today." She said, twirling around to sit on her desk. "Oh Bernard!" She shouted, her voice echoing through the big room. A little mushroom, the size of a four year old started walking towards Miss birdie. "Yes?" It asked in a cute little squeaky voice. "Hold on dear. Okay class, turn to page 215. Let's learn about toadstools. This creature here, Bernard is a toadstool. They are little creatures that are in the shape of a mushroom. They are passive creatures aswell, and they only eat fruits, veggies and insects. Which makes them..?" Miss birdie sat silent. "Omnivores?" I nervously called out. "Great job Misty! One Wolfsbane for you! Careful don't eat it! It's poison can cause heart failure." She said calmly. How do these people say the most terrifying things ever so calmly? I gulped. "Hey it won't bite you." Judas said, grabbing it from my grasp. He pretended to eat it, spit it out and die. "Not funny!" I whispered in an angry tone, smacking him in the arm.

The three chimes signaled for home when miss birdie stood up. "Okay class. Hope you learned much about toadstools, ginger, Lily of the valley and everything else we covered today. See you all next week!" She called out, hoping her message reaches the kids already out of the classroom. I said goodbye to Judas as I walked to my dorm. I came home to Milo making himself comfortable in my desk chair. I flopped onto my bed and sighed. What was that thing in the forest? Did it really need help? Was it maybe actually Josie? I had to find out for myself.