𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 | 𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧

- ; x ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

- 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴(𝘀) : ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ! ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴄɪᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜱ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ʜɪꜱ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ. ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ. 💜🌻

- 𝗮/𝗻 : ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴄɪᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ❤ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍʟʏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ!

✰--•--✰

Young (Y/N) jolted awake in the hideaway chamber, clutching onto her blanket and her favorite plushie tightly in her other hand with slight fear upon her features. It seems quite obvious that she has just experienced some nightmares, and it scares her so much that all she wants is for it to disappear-- but it refuses to leave her mind for now.

Cidolfus had just finished fixing some of his tools before he decided to check upon his little girl. He assumed that she has long fallen asleep, due to the pretty late hours of midnight.

But he is proven wrong once he arrives at her room; witnessing the sight of her being somewhat fearful as she begins to look up at him, which causes his concern to increase and rushes towards her side.

"Oh, you poor dear, are you having nightmares?" The young girl didn't answer at first, simply stared at him for a bit longer before nodding slowly, accompanied with a slight sniffle. Cid gently caresses her hair, trying to bring some sort of comfort for her.

"Shh, there's nothing to fear, for I am with you here." He shushes her ever so lovingly. "Do tell me, if you're alright with it; what is your nightmare about?"

The girl went silent for a while there, gathering up the courage to explain.

"I-It's you, it's just--" She stopped herself, inhaling shakily before adding any of her words further-- to which he nodded understandingly.

"I'm so sorry, my dear.. But what is it about me that has caused you such distress?" Cidolfus doesn't want to be pushy or something like that, but if the dream involves him, he needs to know.

"You.. something happened to you, a-and I couldn't do anything--" Painful sounding sobs begin to escape from her while slowly admitting about her nightmare; her voice becoming slightly muffled.

"I'm sorry.."

Cid suddenly feels very guilty within his heart; continuing to provide all the comfort that she needs as that's all he's able to do at this very moment. When he finally gave his response, however, his voice remained soft and as soothingly as possible.

"No, I'm sorry-- but you need not to apologize over something that you can't control." He sighs softly, before resuming with his reassuring words.

"It won't ever happen, alright? I promise you that-- I will never leave your side no matter what." The young girl didn't reply anything at first, before practically dropping her plushie on the bed, then went to embrace him as tightly as possible; as if to reassure herself that he's alive and well, with her.

The embrace alone felt akin to a daughter wanting some comfort from her dear father. He may not be her real father-- merely the one person who actually cared enough to adopt her, yet he treats her with full of love and care; often ensuring her safety above anything else, that's for sure.

Without hesitation, he returns the embrace as well, stroking her hair all the way. Cid could even feel the sudden wave of warmth and fatherly affection coursing through his body.

Just by the fact that she trusts him enough; feeling safe around him... It truly made him feel very lucky. A small kiss on her forehead was being placed after.

"You don't deserve to dream anything as such-- but don't fret. It's not real, and merely a dream." Cid reassures once more, smiling tenderly down at her. "Now, let's get you back to bed, shall we?"

With a slow nod, she slowly lies back down on her bed-- hugging her beloved plushie back tightly within her grasp.

"Can you.. stay with me here..?" Her request made him smile a bit, agreeing to do so without hesitation.

"Of course, my dear, I will."

Cidolfus tucks her in, sitting by her side as he had promised for now. His hand gently made its' way again to caress her hair; all the while humming a little tune that he knows all too well on how much she loves it-- attempting to calm her and letting her rest peacefully.

"You are very dear to me, I hope that you always remember that."

"I love you so much. I've known you; raised you as my own.. And I have no single regrets in doing so. There's nothing in this world that I would rather do than to watch you grow, and your happiness and safety is my top priority."

Despite still being quite young and can't fully comprehend what he has spoken to her, she still somehow understands how much the man; whom has provided her care and safety loves her dearly.

A small grin is present upon her features, her eyes are slowly closing.

"I love you too, papa.. Thank you.."

God knows how he truly felt that time. She barely calls him that-- to which he understands completely, but this time was different. It feels as if the heavens above have smiled down on him; granted him a special wish, a gift to him alone.

He observes her for a little more as she begins to sleep peacefully. Cid wasn't naive enough to believe that he would be around forever, thus he wanted to cherish every single moment with her. She was the most precious treasure that this world has blessed him with.

After some passing minutes, his eyes begin to grow tired, and he then decides that it's time for him to retire into his own chamber. Cid leaves her room after as quietly as possible, but not before leaving a small kiss on her forehead.

When she awakens by the morning, he will remain there by her side; ready to get on through their lives together with her as his main strength, his little light of hope.

✰--•--✰

end.