02. Justice Seekers

[If you had already read chapter 1 before chapter 2 was published, I would request you to read chapger 1 again because I had rewritten it]

A handsome and muscular figure that held a metal-like rod in his hands, infused with black and orange bolts of demonic and holy energy and carried a dangerous smile looked straight at the red haired girl and then at the pink head with interest and then at the six membered group who stood in front of them with overconfident postures with bland eyes.

"Oh...seems like it will be fun!" He raised his rod and chuckled with no humour.

The knight in shining armour who was a hunger infested demon on the inside, Alastor Domitille.

Fortunately Cerise had always worked the best under pressure.

And the upcoming doom of being pummelling into death by a magical evil rod with a more evil owner forced him to conjure up bullshit faster than anyone. He quickly remembered the first part of the light novel's plot.

"Ahhh...uhhh...Lord D-d-domitille! We were just waiting for you!" He smiled brightly.

"Hmmm?" He paused.

"This girl!" He pulled Lucretia's hair with one hand who protested in shock, and protected himself from the baby fox's toothless bite with another.

"She is so arrogant! There were so many light apprentice priestesses coming here today, but she has no respect for her fellow sisters! Disobeying the mother priestess, and following the tracks to find the famously rumoured hidden room, even if she who was the most powerful of the priestesses were to separate from the others- it would create a huge impact on them! They would feel so unsafe in a place where power is everything! You know right, we were just teaching her a lesson!" He narrated like a master con-artist and resisted the urge to run away from the scene as Alastor cornered him with his broad body and confident walking stance.

He released Lucretia's hair and didn't bother to look at her.

"Why were you waiting for me?" He asked.

This would be easy, he knew everything about these guys.

"Because for you to conduct justice of course!" Cerise quickly replied.

"Is that it?" The crazy person smiled broadly and a glint of excitement showed in his eyes and Cerise did not dare to look down.

"No! I was just searching for Rourou who had ran away earlier! I don't know what you are talking about! I just arrived here!" Lucretia quickly replied and showcased the supernatural creature in her hold as she glanced ardently at Alastor's form.

"You liar! I was sure that-that! But..." Cerise was exasperated, and then he bowed in defeat, purposely shivering in fright to show his nervousness to face Alastor.

"Don't worry, when dealing with justice, misunderstanding happens." Alastor understood his pleadings, and then looked behind him. As predicted, everybody in Cerise's group had run away in fear when Alastor was distracted.

"But I have to take you to my office, because of the chaos you and your little group had caused. It had the authorities...hmm..quite troubled." Alastor drawled out as he focused his eyes on Cerise's form, making the golden haired young man a bit flustered.

But, Cerise gazed directly at Alastor's eyes with a pink eyed confident stare.

"There is no problem, Lord Domitille. I did what I wanted to do to conduct justice but it seems my methods were a bit troublesome that made my friends mistakenly spout harsh words at the disrupting priestess apprentice." Cerise frowned, he even managed to make his eyes appear a little teary, pulling at Alastor's heartstrings who was weak to sensitive and crybaby pretty people.

"But I had known my friends since our adolescence and could vouch for their innocence, they were a bit frightened now but I know if the lord who has justice on his mind raises awareness to them about the camaraderie all justice bringers should have, they would rise to the occasion to receive any punishment the office would deem necessary! For the sake of god loving justice!" Cerise continued, the rest of his nonsense words were intentionally made louder to gather enthusiasm to the heart of Alastor.

As expected, the justice loving crazy maniac was nodding along with his words.

And in mere seconds, Alastor was able to capture the other grumpy fellows in Cerise's group and made them instantly and obedient.

Listening to the lectures of the disciplinary committee was nothing compared to the storm that Cerise knew awaited him in the form of Asthore Menedora.

But, at least he could breathe well in the meantime as the class was going on. Asthore Menedora was always more active in the dark hours of the night.

He quickly escaped the wrath of the other people in his group but was cartoonishly caught by the gloved hand of a tall and a very strong man who caught the lapels of his white collar and slightly picked him up, making him kick his shoe clad feet back and forth in the air.

He fell on his ass with an exclaimed yell and a huff as the hand let him go.

"Where are you going so fast?" Alastor chuckled.

"I am on my way to the history class, Lord Domitille." Cerise got up and smiled at Alastor.

"A bringer of justice and a punctual student? You are certainly a packaged deal. But sadly, I couldn't get your name." Alastor gazed at him.

Cerise was surprised but quickly nodded and obliged.

"My name is Cerise Amery." He replied.

"The fourth son of Viscount Amery? You are under the control of the Menedora Duchy?" Alastor's gaze became spiky at the mention of the Menedora clan making Cerise almost break out in cold sweat.

'Alastor and Asthore hate each other. But I prove that I am just a random son of a random controlled vassal viscounty!' He exclaimed in his mind.

"That would be it, my lord. But I am just the fourth son, unfortunately such broad subjects of noble kind aren't my forte. I am just a justice seeker who sees no differences between nobility, houses and ranks." Cerise gave out a very controlled reply.

Fortunately, Alastor laughed at his answer.

"Very well, I will see you soon Cerise." Alastor bid him farewell.

But, Cerise couldn't but shiver slightly at the way Alastor huskily drew out the pronunciation of his name.

After Alastor was gone at last, Cerise walked in the marbled hallways and entered the cornered and bright history classroom and then his eyes fell on the only spare seat that was beside...

Lucretia Lael who was glaring furiously at him with her cheeks puffed up!