Self-harm

TW - Self-harm

Y/N's age: 16

Caoimhe is pronounced Kwee-va

Overview: Y/N's parents (Addison and Derek) are currently going through a divorce. Leaving Y/N very vulnerable and confused. They eventually resort to self harm as a way to cope.

Y/N's POV:
My parents are currently going through a divorce and our family is practically falling apart.

All I could hear from downstairs was yelling, but I was sorta used to it now.

My dad had only come home to collect some of his belongings, but it soon turned into a screaming match.

I tried looking for my noise cancelling headphones, but soon realised that I had left them downstairs.

Silently, I felt myself beginning to cry. As I was ready for bed already, I layed down and cried myself to sleep.

*7AM ~ the next morning*

Opening my eyes, I was awoken from my slumber by that dreadful beeping sound.

Reluctantly, I got up and started getting ready for school.

I headed downstairs and saw a sticky note hanging off the cup cupboard.

Hi darling,

Very sorry I couldn't be there this morning before your first exam. But you are going to do brilliantly. I'll see you this evening sweetheart. I love you

-momma

Great, first my parents decide to divorce right on top of my exam week, the my momma can't even be here to reassure me.

Today is going to go fantastically, I sarcastically thought to myself.

I walked to school and entered  my form room just to realise my best friend, Caoimhe, wasn't in.

This day could not get any worse.

I looked at my schedule for the day and realised that I had my exam last period, so I had study hall for the majority of the day.

Great.

*Time skip to the exam*

I looked down to the test paper infront of me and sighed. Today was the physics paper, and let me tell you, I sucked at physics.

Hesitantly, I opened the paper and I suddenly felt really overwhelmed.

I tried to focus on the paper, the more muddled it looked. Everything looked so squiggly and blurry.

I did what I could, but I knew I would definitely fail this exam.

Before I knew it, the invigilator was calling that it was the end of our exam.

As soon as we were permitted to leave, I sprinted out of the building and to the house.

I unlocked the door and ran straight to my room.

Everything felt so out of control, so without thinking I grabbed the blade from my phone case and dragged it over the skin on my wrists.

I dug it in so deep until there was blood pouring everywhere.

I was about to go into the bathroom to attempt to put a seize to the bleeding, until I heard the front door open. Then I heard momma yell, "I'm home Y/N!"

Shit shit shit.

Before I even had the chance to get up, there was a knock on my door, "can I come in darling?"

"Umm give me a minute," I replied, with a shaky voice.

"Is everything alright, Y/N?" I heard momma ask.

"Uhm y-yea."

"I'm coming in," she said.

Before I could protest, she entered, quickly stopping at the sight.

"Let me grab the med kit from the bathroom!" she exclaimed in a panic.

She sprinted back into my room, sat down next to me and put pressure on the wounds with tissue.

"What happened darling?" Momma asked with tears in her eyes.

"I just needed everything to stop," I admitted.

"What do you mean?" She queried.

"Everything was getting to me and I needed some quiet."

"What do you mean by everything, baby?"

"The divorce, my exams, and I didn't see you or Caoimhe today," I said thought tears.

"Oh honey, I'm so so sorry, if I knew you were struggling this much I would've taken some time off work," she said whilst bandaging my wrists.

"No, no, no it's okay, you don't need to do that for me!" I exclaimed.

"Yes I do, you're my baby, and I'd do anything for you," momma said, whilst cradling me in her arms.

As soon as I felt her comforting touch, I broke down.

"Oh shh, it's okay, shh," she repeatedly whispered to me.

Addison's POV:
We sat cuddled up for a while until Y/N had calmed down.

I watched as she furrowed her brows, obviously wanting to say something, but contemplating whether she should or not.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" I questioned softly.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"Sorry? For what honey? You have nothing to be sorry for," I assured.

"I didn't mean for it to get this bad," she mumbled, into my chest.

"That's not your fault darling, it's okay, we can get you some help if you wanted. Someone to talk to?" I recommended.

"Okay," she agreed.

"I love you baby, never forget that."

"I love you too momma."

Author's note:
Thank you for reading!! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get another part out.

Any suggestions/ requests are welcome! 💕

Honestly tho my mommy issues are screaming rn 💀