Prelude

The woods make a great place to be during the spring. Even with the cold days from the beginning of the season. In what could be a dark morning, covered by clouds, the sun insists in shining, making the sky pure white. Elizabeth was walking through the old path that leads to the east tower of the castle. Her green dress attaching to the high grass, taking pieces of the nature within itself, and so was Elizabeth, collecting flowers and other local flora. Most of her days were spent in that forest, as if the trees themselves were calling her name.

Like a void that swallows every memory of what have been seen, flashes of light invaded Elizabeth's sight and she felt weightless. A pale skin man, with a long black hair, floating over the wind, wields a blood-dripping Katana sword. The other hand holds her close to his chest, staring deep into his eyes she thinks "finally". The scene felt like a woken dream, something supposed to be forgotten, ominous hidden inside her. It was like a visual poetry, a distorted fairy tale with the scent of metal. Then another sudden flash and she is dizzy, at the same forest, same old place in France, where she has ever been, and never left.

Confused, she tries to keep up with a few more steps, but a stroking headache made the floor closer and, the daisies she picked up are thrown everywhere, unevenly. Now she is at a battlefield again, they are hidden. Again, there is a man, another man, that she has never visited before, not even in her deepest dreams. But now he is putting an animal skin over her shoulders, looking to protect her. The man is foreign but, apparently she was able to understand him.

"Everything is going to be fine.

Trust me.

I will come back for you."

Her finger nails grab his right arm, and her face went down with mellow tears. The dark brown skin glows with the flames of a village burning to ashes, while her eyes follow the same ethnical patterns that she realizes are in herself.

- What is happening? - she whispers roughly, alone, kneed on the floor. She tries to get up, but is crushed by yet another memory. They are now in this weird structure. The walls are flat and made of metal. She has never seen anything like this, now the psychedelic sight has gone too far. There is no recognition of what that could be in any of her current memories, or general knowledge. It was preposterous. Colorful and bright lights shine through the wall and an equally metallic hand of a gentleman deliver to her a device. The thing is squared and eerie to herself, but she holds it easily. She tries to hear what his lips say, but all she can catch from that acousma was an endless high pitch noise. A strong and tameness pain in her chest and everything fades into white between slices of darkness.

She struggles to get out of the woods. Crawling herself back up and poorly walking away. She freezes, the body fall again by Elizabeth's own will. She surrenders her mind to that psychotic belief. Her pupils fill up, this time Elizabeth, sees her regular XVIII century self. It doesn't felt more like a hallucination. It was too close to the actual reality. She is laying down aside another man of the same energy. They are on a battlefield ground, her white nightgown socked in scarlet blood. Their own shapes and colors were the only clear thing to her sight under the moonlight. The rest seemed just background texture of an old painting, sound radiation and bodies in meaningless chaos. In the stranger's face there are only peace, he blinked slowly, trying to keep his eyes open, she watched as the vision dissipates.

Bright light again and then the French void sky devour her visual perception. Static on the stone ground, Elizabeth feels asthmatic with the heaviness upon her chest. A common seagull flies wrongly reaching for the seashore, circling, trapped in the air. The woman realizes how light-headed she was, while she lays there and tries to fulfill her lungs again and her mind spines. What have just occurred to her? What were those visions and, why were they being captured by her view? The sky and the bird don't stop their roundly shaped, frenetic dance. The cosmic ceiling goes far and, far away from Elizabeth's vision. One forced deep breath after another and her lobes ache profoundly. She is faded out with the sun behind her eyelids.