Chapter 5

Hello, everyone!

Have a great time reading it.

Thank you.

*********

THIRTY SIX HOURS BEFORE THE PARTY

It was morning and she was getting ready for her internship workplace, when she got the call that she wished never to get from. Seeing the caller ID, she let out a sigh and gradually accepted it.

"Hello, Imlie! How are you?" It was her husband that showed the biggest form of neglect to her in her life.

"Hello, Babu-saheb!" She replied without any hint of emotion in her voice.

"Can we meet please. I know you're angry and you have every right to be. But please let me hear out for once. I have my own reasons too. Please trust me." His voice was pleading.

Imlie couldn't hold herself anymore and started chuckling in silence. This man could never change!

"Please, Imlie. I-"

She cut him in between after controlling her silent laughter, "Your reasons never end."

"Pardon?" He was certainly confused of her sudden change of voice.

"I'm busy, Babu-saheb. I'm hanging up."

"Imli-" She cut the call even before he could end his sentence.

She let out another sigh before mumbling to herself, "Morning shows the day..."

°°°°°°°

It was midday when she made another call. This time it was that person who didn't expect to get a call from her.

"Hello!" Her voice was filled with repulsion and perplexity.

Imlie didn't care about it at all and processed to say whatever she had to say, "Can we meet today? This meet up will be beneficial to you. I can guarantee you."

That person didn't say anything, knowing Imlie wasn't also a fan of meeting her too.

"Okay. I'm sending you the destination. You m-"

"There is no need. I have an interview to take. We can meet near the place, if you don't mind," Imlie responded.

That person let out a sigh before continuing,"It better be not your another scam!"

"It won't," Imlie smirked in victory.

°°°°°°°°

"Say now." Malini Chaturvedi spoke up first after she and Imlie reached the restaurant near Imlie's current assigned workplace.

Imlie settled down in her chair, before responding to impatient half sister of hers,"I want to file divorce against Babu-saheb."

It was silence between them for a moment before Malini spoke up again.

"You better be not joking!" Malini was excited in anticipation and skepticism.

"I'm not," Imlie's voice was calm.

"Why now? What are you scamming now?" She was holding herself in this public place.

"Because I realised something, recently," Imlie responded.

"What realisation?"

"Will you believe me if I say?"

"Let's give it a try."

"Okay. I realised that I was never happy in my relationship with Aditya babu. It was forced upon me and I was helpless. Yet dared to fall for someone who was always someone else's. I was stupid to think, that I would be happy if I had stayed by his side till the end. But, I was wrong. That's why I want to correct my mistake and bringing those real lovers together. I don't want to be an obstacle  between Babu-saheb and you anymore. My Matarani won't support me too."