Chapter 6

Hello everyone!

Have a great time reading it.

Thank you.

**********

A WEEK AGO FROM THE ANNOUNCEMENT DAY

"I don't believe your words, Malini! A lier like you can never be trusted," Aditya shouted with all his might; whereas, Malini gritted her jaw in frustration and agitation.

For the first time after she began her mission to make Imlie's life hell and make Aditya all hers again, she actually said the truth to her beloved. However, he didn't give a single thought to her words and went bonkers.

"What happened, Adi?" Aditya's mother Aparna ran inside their room hearing her son's yelling.

It became a regular event after the arrival of Malini in their house for the second time. Once she used to adore her over Imlie. Although, it turned 180°.

"She's saying Imlie wants divorce from me, maa. Divore from me, maa! Do you think it's possible? It's Imlie, the innocent girl who loves me to the end. I will never believe you in my wildest dreams, Malini. NEVER! I'll prove you a lier. I'll confront her directly," He stormed out from the room, leaving a teared up Aparna and a devastated Malini behind.

********

"So, you gave up?" Imlie asked the person, who just got rejected by her beloved again, over the phone.

"I didn't give up. It's Aditya who's not giving up on you. He didn't believe that I am not lying," Malini expressed with a tired yet irritated voice.

A moment of quietness passed before Imlie let out a chuckle. Malini felt more irritated.

"You know, Malini didi. This reminded me of a parable," Imlie responded stopping for a second to continue her talk amidst of her half sister's obvious annoyance.

"The story of a boy and a tiger; it is also known as The Boy Who Cried Wolf in many cultures. He used to prank people by telling lie of the tiger's fake arrival. But when it actually came and he cried for desperate help, none came; they didn't believe his truth in the end," Imlie grinned imagining Malini's gritting sound of teeth.

"Shut your bullshit and focus on the topic! What should we do now?" Malini kept her cool knowing she couldn't deny her half sister's accusations this time too.

The silence stayed again before Imlie looked at the calendar beside the table. Her smirk broadened.

"He said, he would confront me, right?"

"Yes."

"Then let him. I'll manage the rest."

"Are you not tricking me in it, are you?"

"Believe me or not, I'm the only person who can help you to get your lover back, Malini didi."

Malini tightly passed her lips for a second before replying her, "Okay."

Malini ended the call. Imlie put the phone on the table. It was passed midnight and darkness occupied her new room too. The faint light of study lamp was the only source of light here, just like her hope. She looked outside the window, sighing deeply in anticipation for tomorrow morning, when she could finally get rid of one of her baggages that she was carrying for long.

********

Amidst of the time while Aryan and Imlie were drying their rain soaked cloths before the fireplace, a loud knock broke the comfortable silence of the room. They shared a look to each other, before Aryan opened the door. They were stucked in the heavy rain. That caused them to rent a hotel for the few hours to dry their cloths, for the upcoming important meeting that they were going to attend together, today. He expected to see room service, with a set of new cloths. However, he was surprised to find Aditya Kumar Tripathi standing before him, panting heavily. His eyes widened seeing a peeking Imlie from behind of Aryan Singh Rathore in wet attire.