Prolouge - Wedding

Written by my good friend, Shady. I owe her a lot.

"You look fine, Smokey." Logan called out from the balcony of your hotel suite, smoking his cigar peacefully. You insisted he stayed outside while you got ready, so he wouldn't make the room, and you, smell like ass.

You huffed, looking at yourself in the mirror once again as you added a few touch-ups to your makeup.

"I just...do you think it's too much?" You asked nervously, turning to look at your dress from the back.

It was a tea length bridal gown, adorned in subtle pieces of floral lace. The fabric was loose and flowy, with a heart-shaped bodice and a high lace neckline. It covered your scar elegantly, which made you feel a lot more confident. The dress also had long, puffy sleeves, which you absolutely adored. It was non-traditional, and you liked it that way.

You heard Logan scoff lightly, and turned to him with a desperate expression.

"Logan, I need to know! This is serious." You sighed, flattening out the fabric with your palms.

"It's not too much," he waved a hand casually, giving you a short glance. "It's your wedding day, you're allowed to look nice."

You smiled a little, turning back around.

"I know. I'm just nervous. I really want today to go smoothly."

"It will, I'm sure. You two lovebirds have been planning this thing since the beginning of your engagement." Logan chuckled, tapping embers off of his cigar as he leaned against the railing.

You didn't respond, instead moving to fix your embellished hairpin on your head. It was difficult trying to find the top of your braid to place it, and you cursed under your breath as you tried and failed to attach it.

Logan noticed your struggle and let out a hearty chuckle, stepping back inside to help you out.

"Give me that," he muttered, placing his cigar in his mouth as he grabbed the hairpin from you. He inspected it for a moment, apparently intrigued by the crystal flower design, before moving to place it in your hair. He fixed it securely at the top of your braid, letting out a hum of approval before turning his head away to exhale smoke.

"There, you're all set."

You smiled warmly at Logan, smoothing out his suit with your hand. You didn't bother looking in the mirror. You trusted he'd gotten it right.

"Thanks, Logan." You replied appreciatively, and he nodded. You stepped out onto the balcony with him, and began chatting about a few trivial things as you waited until time to head to the venue.

You couldn't help picking at your cuticles as you waited with Logan, stomach twirling with a mixture of anxiety and excitement. Today was the day. You knew your vows by heart, and you were without a doubt ready in all other aspects, but you were still nervous.

Logan sensed your discomfort, putting a hand on your shoulder gently.

"Everything's gonna be fine. Just don't worry about it. Focus on the positives."

He gave you a comforting grin, and it eased some of your nerves. You smiled in return, looking back to the horizon. Logan was right. You were going to be just fine.

<•>

Leon was not fine. He was straight up panicking. His suit jacket was wrinkled, he hadn't even started on his hair, and for fuck's sake, where were the rings?!

He was so caught up in his anxiety that he'd forgotten where he placed the most important thing he was supposed to bring. God, he needed to get himself together. You were counting on him to make sure everything ran smoothly. He couldn't let you down.