1

You flipped through the channels absentmindedly, rubbing your wedding ring with your thumb.

"What are you up to?" Leon lowered himself next to you.

"Nothing," you put the TV on mute, but didn't take your eyes off the screen as you sat back. "You?"

"Just finished fixing the leak."

"You're a lifesaver," you sighed in relief, leaning into him.

"Literally," he agreed, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"You know," you turned your head to him, a smirk on your face. "All this 'Mr. Fixer-Upper' act has been..."

"Hot?"

"Oh, definitely," you nodded, laying your head against his chest. "Thanks for fixing the leak. I'll paint the bathroom once I get the time to stop by Lowe's for some paint."

He snuck his other arm down, wrapping a hand around your thigh and pulling you in. He buried his face into your hair as you continued to stare at the screen of the television.

"What color were you thinking?" He asked.

"Blue, maybe," you shrugged. "The yellow is just... it doesn't go with the rest of the house."

He hummed, leaning down lower. It was clear his intentions were not as pure as conversing about your new house. He licked the shell of your ear quickly, and you swatted him away.

"You're sweaty," you told him bluntly. "Go shower."

"Join me?" He bit down on the flesh of your neck, and you sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, okay," you laughed lightly, and his tongue fanned out to soothe the irritated flesh.

He wasted no time, hands flying to the hem of your shirt — his shirt, actually. You laughed lightly, no longer in the mood to fight off your husband's antics. It was just his way of saying 'I love you.'

And then your phone rang.

Leon's lips pulled into a pout as you reached for it, but quickly smiled when you flipped the silent switch, tossing it to the other couch. He pounced, crawling on top of you and peppering your cheeks with kisses.

And then his phone rang.

He groaned, reaching for it and repeating your actions, tossing it across the room. You yanked him in, kissing him with a feverish intensity. He groaned, rocking his hips. Someone was excited.

And then both your phones rang.

"Hunnigan!"

<•>

"I don't understand why she calls at the worst of times!" You shouted, arms crossed as Leon made a right turn.

"She's just doing her job, babe," he sighed.

"Still, it's fucking annoying! Can we not get one day off? Seriously, it's been like this since the honeymoon! Can you believe it? We spent so much cash on that trip to the Caribbean, and we got called into work two days in! That's a total fucking waste! Does no one think..."

Leon had gotten pretty good at tuning out your rants, but he also knew how to counter them. He reached for the dial on the volume of the radio, and you became distracted immediately.

"...because we're people, too, Leon! Don't you want me, baby!? Don't you want me? Oh!"

He shook us head at how easy it was to make you forget your anger, and turned his attention back onto the road.