Chapter 4: Urban Legends

(Third Person POV)

*BANG* A gunshot rang through the air leaving the barrel of a high-caliber sniper rifle situated on top of a rooftop. The bullet whizzes across the afternoon sky seeking a direct path to its target: Academy City's top-ranked level 5 esper Accelerator. The moment it approached Accelerator's reflection barrier the Bullet was sent back the way it came hitting the shooter and flooring her on the spot.

"It's not too late!" A voice calls out to the dying clone.

(Timeskip)

"Surgery complete reports Mikasa." 

"Great work! the replacements seem to have worked fantastically. Just wait outside while I wait for our patient to awaken." Y/N told her

"What happened asks Misaka?"

"Well for starters you got shot in the abdomen by an anti-tank rifle so..." Y/N explains

Misaka then began inspecting herself and peering into the now closed-up gunshot wound now filled to the brim with buzzing mechanical replacement organs to keep her alive.

"Did you just rip off the Mandalorian asks Misaka?"

TAKE 2*

"Oh... I see. I appreciate your assistance but Misaka must complete her objective... Says Misaka turning to leave."

"Every fucking time... why can't they just live after this shit?!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Listen Misaka 4081 you've been given a chance to break free from this experiment and live life! to experience to choose... you have that right now. So are you going to take this chance to be free? or will you die stupid?" Y/N asks.

"Wait you're the hand! exclaims Misaka."

"I don't know why you guys keep calling me that! it sounds creepy as hell." Y/N explained

"Before every Misaka unit gets deactivated they hear your voice call out to them... before they're gone You're a hero. Explains Misaka."

"I'm no hero... I'm just setting things right. I'm just trying to give everyone I can a fair chance at life. I just hope you take it. The other sisters are waiting on the lower level they'll brief you on your options in-depth but in layman's terms you can either be flown out of Academy City to any part of the world of your choosing free to live your life as you please or you could join me and the sisters who decided to stay. So? your choice?" Y/N asks.

"Misaka will repay her debt to you says Misaka exiting the room and making her way downstairs." 

"Damn, not a single one of them wanted to leave... guess they got it from the original." Y/N says to himself.

(Timeskip)

"Good afternoon Misaka sisters... Please make yourself comfortable while you're being briefed this is going to be a long one. We've provided complimentary snacks at the booth to the right of the assembly hall if any of you feel peckish during the briefing feel free to get some munchies. Without further ado let's begin... All of you have been assembled here because you chose to assist me and Misaka 1 or Mikasa to rescue the remaining sisters from the Level 6 Shift experiment. As you know we can only rescue after the conclusion of the battle to prevent the shady shadow organization running this bitch from destroying the rest of the clones in a premature end to the experiment. In order to complete this special operation I've procured top-of-the-line weaponry and armored vehicles for your use... We have an internal informant who gives us the locations of each battle that happens with Accelerator. The moment we get a ping we will send a recon squad to provide a clean entry route for a small Tank unit accompanied by a squad of 10 infantry Misakas armed with only the best fully automatic railgun rifles capable of being charged by your level 3 esper abilities. The ground team will take out the black ops team that typically guards the test sites as well as destroy their Anti-air defenses. We also managed to get our hands on a few coast guard vehicles to make extraction of the injured sister as simple as possible. The chopper will be hosting 1 Misaka trained to operate a helicopter, a flight engineer, a co-pilot, and a flight medic to ensure that we get the rescued sister back to base where a team will be waiting to patch her up. The helo will also be escorted by 2 attack helicopters to ensure safe transport back to the base. Keep in mind all training will be provided and you will be allowed to choose your roles in this operation. What you choose to do after this is over is up to you but at the very least you'll walk out of here with very specialized training. Now any questions before we begin?" Y/N concluded the briefing.