Chapter 2

Type mo?

"Hey, Kuya, san ka galing? Kanina ka pa namin hinihintay nina Mommy dito. Alis na raw tayo" Timothy stated, his voice filled with anticipation. We're going to Aurora dahil nga Christmas vacation naman. I don't want to, kaso no choice eh. It's family bonding, by the way.

I nodded, understanding the situation. After all these years, since I was young, we have made it a tradition to go on a vacation and then return home after two days, accompanied by my aunt. We have a different car, so we don't get to interact much during the trip since it only takes around two hours kasi kaya we didn't need to use the family car.

"What's the matter, Anak? You seem bothered" Mom looked at me through the front seat window.

"Nothing, Mom, just random thoughts" I replied, trying to brush off any concerns. I glanced at Tim, who appeared
  playing online games.

Tim and I used to play online games together when we shared a room. However, things started to change when we got separate rooms. While we appreciated the privacy, it also created a subtle distance between us.

I woke up to the sensation of the wind gently slapping my face. As I opened my eyes, the magnificent sight of the surrounding mountains greeted me, as if the wind and the view itself were urging me to embrace this opportunity to spend Christmas vacation with my family, rather than wasting it away with gadgets at home.

Outside, there were already numerous people bustling about. It was tourist week, after all, and the allure of Sierra Madre had attracted visitors from far and wide. The sheer beauty of the place left me in awe, making it hard to tear myself away from the mesmerizing scenery.

"Mom, where are we now?" I asked as I stepped out of the car, capturing the picturesque landscape with my camera.

"We've reached Nueva Ecija, anak" Mom replied, her voice tinged with a touch of exhaustion. We decided to make a stop over kasi since it was already 9 am, and the sun was starting to shine intensely, and it's hiting my face.

While exploring the area, I overheard a random lady behind me. Her voice seemed familiar, and as I turned to look, I realized I had seen her before. They had a tiny house, suitable for accommodating around five people.

"Ang ganda po ng view dito araw-araw, 'no?'' I stated, expressing my admiration for the breathtaking scenery that welcomed you as soon as you stepped out of the car.

"Oo naman. Ano palang gusto mo? Nagkakape ka ba?" she asked, with warmth in her eyes. However, I didn't drink coffee.

"Hindi po, eh" I replied, turning away to glance at her mini-store. "Ahm, Milo na lang po" I said, smiling at her. She seemed to have a keen eye for her customers.

I patiently waited for a few minutes before she returned with the Milo. As I observed her closely, I realized she was quite tiny, standing no taller than 4'11.

''You're so cute po" I said, taking a sip of my Milo.

"Dahil maliit ako 'no?" she replied, her smile growing even wider. She indeed had a sweet smile.

"Let's just say that po." I said, chuckling lightly, and took another sip of my Milo.

After coming out of the car, I couldn't spot my mom anywhere. They must be exploring the area.

"Uhm, nakita niyo po ba ang Mom ko?'' I asked her. ''baka po kasi iwan nila ako dito e.''

''Andyan sila sa baba, sandali lang at ipapasama kita sa pamangkin ko para maka baba at maipakita na rin nila sayo ang nasa baba.'' Sabi niya saka kumatok sa malapit na bintana "Rei? Rayna? Reina?" she called out.