Chapter Thirty: Moments to Cherish

30. Moments to Cherish

08-05-2023

A/N: This fic is officially a year old (on Aug. 11)! We finally made it after one year! I legitimately did not plan this but it's an amusing coincidence!

Thank you guys for all of your support! I literally couldn't have done it without you readers. I'm super grateful!

Q: Do you guys like clichés or no? I personally HATE them unless they're done well or differently!

-----

"The moon is beautiful tonight...isn't it?"

Your train of thought had stopped in its tracks. You've heard that same phrase before, back when the world wasn't petrified. You had no idea whether or not Senku understood the slang behind those words he had spoken. But everything Gen had said before made you doubt that he didn't know at all. And here you were, planning to confess to Senku first!

You gulped as your mind was coming to a decision to answer. Depending on how you answered, it would reveal to you whether or not he knew. You were afraid, but you needed to tell him how you felt. It was either you confess to get accepted or rejected, or keep it inside until you regret it and die. You remembered the words that Gen told you, repeating in your head, over and over:

Go for it, (Y/N)-chan!

You looked away, then opened your mouth to give the proper response to the poetic words, "Well...it's true, isn't it?"

"I know."

You expanded your vision and looked straight at him. Through those crimson spheres of his, you saw an honest gentleness behind them. It had the same appearance as when the two of you danced together on that day. But he closed them and turned away.

Your thoughts were beginning to run on overdrive. No way.

"'I know?'" You repeated him, making sure you heard him right. He nodded, and then you demanded, "How do you know?!"

"You confessed to me," he told you as he peeked through one eye with his arms crossed.

No wayyy. The energy inside of you was building rapidly. Frantically, you asked, "When did I ever tell you?!"

"The first day you were sick."

NO WAY.

Your face twisted into embarrassment, flushing a red so dark, you could be considered similar to a tomato. Your legs gave way, and you fell to your knees in disbelief. Your arms held you up as you looked at the floor, unable to lay your vision on the boy in front of you.

"So you lied about me not saying anything weird?!" You questioned him.

He gave you a short answer, "Uh-huh."

"And you didn't do anything?!"

The boy shook his head, then leaned over to you. He whispered into your ear before backing up against the wall, "I replied back with 'I love you too, (Y/N). Ten billion percent.'"

You stopped, realizing that your dream from before was reality. The poor boy had to deal with the words spoken to him for days on end, and you weren't even conscious then! Then you looked up to see that Senku's face was also starting to redden. He brought his hand to his face as he sat down, looking away from you to hide what he was feeling.