sparks fly / f

it's the fourth of july and we're at an amusement park. she's looked so beautiful all day, like the brightest star in the night sky. i've been unable
to stop looking at her and touching her all day. she's all i could possibly want, even though she's my best friend.

eventually, we get to the area for firework watching at the end of the night and we take our seats. while waiting for the fireworks i put my head on her shoulder and she puts hers on mine. we just browse through my phone together. in that moment i could believe no one else existed. it's the best type of happiness, being with someone you love. she's so amazing. when the fireworks start to go off, they're all she can focus on. she spends her time recording them for her parents, and watching them with her own eyes. sure, the fireworks were beautiful, but i couldn't keep my eyes off her. to me she was the most beautiful thing there.

as soon as i get home, i can't stop texting my best friend about how much i like our mutual friend. she keeps telling me the worst thing that can happen is she will just act like i don't like her, which is true but i don't want to believe it. i overthink it. i don't think she could like me back, but still i text her anyways. i have one ounce of hope, and i'm scared for it to be destroyed. i decide to approach it subtly.

me )
do you wanna know a fun truth?

angel )
yes!

me )
sometimes i think i have a crush on you, i'm not how i am with you with everyone else.

angel )
lily, you want me to be honest with you?

me )
yes of course

angel )
i have thought that exact thing throughout this whole year. i don't let anyone touch me how i let you touch me.
are you certain with how you feel?

me )
yes.  i know i want you.

angel )
i want you too.