Chapter 3: Temptation

The dinner was peaceful. No sound of the mouth chewing the food or spoon touching the plate. Well, for Liam it was the case but Davi decided to be the naughty child in the family and deliberately sipped the soup with a slurping sound.

His mouth chewing the food was smacking and anyone who can hear it will lose patience. However, this was what Davi wanted to achieve. He wanted Liam's help but he also wanted for Liam to stay as someone who hates him.

When Liam heard about him marrying Niel, the alpha gave him disdainful eyes. He was so sure that Liam was looking down on him.

"Are you sleeping after dinner?" he asked while his mouth was full and his hand was reaching for the fish steak. The sleeve of his shirt was almost touching the other food making Liam's brows crease a little.

"Uncle Bert," Liam called out and the butler came out of the kitchen hurriedly but gracefully.

"Yes, young master?"

"Tomorrow," he glanced at Davi's, who was sitting on the end of the table then continued, "place his food here." He pointed to the chair on his right before adding, "Also, he doesn't want to be called madam. Call him young master from now on."

"I will inform the others, young master."

Davi who was sitting at the end of the table paused his chewing and swallowed hard at what he had heard. Liam was putting him beside him... why? He should be disgusted by his table manners by now!

This alpha!

"Davi," Liam calls his name. His hands sliced the fish steak into bits and ate it before speaking.

His unhurried movements caused Davi to get anxious. He does not know what Liam will say but somehow, he was nervous! Each slow and precise slice of the fish steak feels like an eternity.

"I will be working after dinner. Is there anything you need from me?" He wiped his lips after drinking a mouthful of water waiting for Davi to answer.

With his brain malfunctioning for a second, Davi did not respond, forgetting what his intention for asking was. Seeing that the other was silent, Liam took the initiative to say, "I will be in the study if you need me."

He was done eating but he stayed sitting at the table. For once, Davi felt the pressure of being stared at. He hurriedly stuffs the remaining food in his mouth until he choked on it.

Coughing as he fumbles for water, his eyes shed tears and he still did not get the water he wanted until a hand gave it to him. I was just reborn for a week and now I almost died again!

"Eat slowly. No one will snatch your food here." Davi finished the whole glass of water with much difficulty. Having the alpha stand next to him, he felt overwhelmed but not uncomfortable.

It was said that alphas can kill any omega by simply existing and he proved it to be real right now!

"T-thank you."

He stood up and ran towards the stairs. It was not easy to change one's character overnight. Originally, Davi was an aloof young man. He had no friends because he had been busy working just to send himself to school.

He had no confidence to present himself to people either because he felt that he was ugly and disgusting in appearance and status. He was afraid that people would judge him. While growing up, all he had in his mind was negativity, and graduating high school was the only positive thing he had thought of.

Sadly, even the only positive thing turned negative for him. Talking to Liam and acting all hyper for a short amount of time already exhausted his energy.