Chapter 1, Level 0: Other Life

Keiths POV:

" Where am I? This place just goes on forever!"

I shout repetitively trying to find anyone in the same situation as me. The jacket I wore was slightly run down but still I kept it for an extra layer. I don't know anything about this place.

Then a distant scream is heard. But that distant scream started to sound like a nearby scream.

"Oh Shit! What is tha-"

Just then I was pushed by someone. Not out of the way, but a bubble form as soon as that creature attacked. It seemed to protect us.

"Who are you...?" I ask. The boy turned around. He wore a pink jacket and...sandals...

"There no time for that we need to run!"

We started to run as the ball like thing keeping us protected rolled with us. We ran for what seemed like ages before we hit a different room. The room had square holes filling the entirety of it.

"STOP!" We say in unison as we turn around and stop to desperately push the other way. The ball popped out of existence as we fell to the floor. The monster out of sight.

"So now can you tell me who you are?"

"I'm Steven Universe. I'm a member of the crystal gems and protect the world from danger!. So who are you?"

The boy tilted his head sideways. Waiting for a response.

"I'm Keith, I'm a rapper and live with my Boyfriend. Although I don't know where he is..if he's even hear." We sat there for what felt like ages, the humming of the luminescent lights almost making sure we know we have no clue what to do.

"We should try to cross this room. I'm sure there's an exit past there." I say as I start to cross through the thing walls which give the holes it's shape. Steven followed behind me as we treaded carefully. All that I can think of is, where am I? And what was that thing. This definitely isn't Philly, But how do I get back? I turn to look at Steven, his face was emotionless. If I managed to find him, I wonder if any of my friends are here to...

Once we safely crossed the square hole room. We both noticed another one of those creatures, it had not seen us yet so we retreaded to a nearby room. We stayed as quiet as anything. The monster let out a deafening screech as he ran down the hall. Shaking I stayed absolutely still even though my body told me to run.

"Do you think it's gone?" Steven whispered, his voice shaking.

I shrugged. It's screech cut off suddenly and it's footsteps disappeared. Maybe it did leave? We decided to stay out for a good while before we move on.

I've got to find Pico. If he is even here....