𝐕𝐈𝐈. the aetos-diggory rumor

─── chapter seven.
THE AETOS-DIGGORY
RUMOR ❜

NOVA WAS INFORMED, although a day late, of the spectacle that had occurred during dinner the afternoon prior that was mad-eye moody and draco malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret

now over the defense against the dark arts lesson, nova sniggered loudly as fred, george and lee took their seats by her at breakfast, boisterously reenacting the scene as best as they could. malfoy, who was passing by on his way to the slytherin table, blushed scarlet and scowled, shuffling faster as nova broke out in another fit of cackles.

her herbology class passed without a hitch, if she didn't count having to partner up with lee, who snatched her by the arm before anyone could approach her (nobody had been planning on it, since the only people who could say anything directly to nova's face were the twins and lee) and happily announced that they'd be partners.

nova sourly listened to the remaining lesson, having prayed to have been partnered up with anybody but the chatterbox at her side. even angelina, katie, and alicia, her dormitory mates and girls she rarely ever talked to after departing from the quidditch team, sent nova a small sympathetic grimace as the boy continued to talk her ear off throughout the rest of the class.

lunch came and went in a blur. nova smacked lee's arm off her shoulder, sent him a chilling glare, and took a seat on the farthest corner of the table. nobody bothered her all throughout lunch, and she peacefully ate her food.

it was potions that was slightly more maddening, especially now that snape had grown a larger hatred for the gryffindors. he curled his lip distastefully as nova walked into class, not commenting on the lack of her fellow redheaded (and dread-headed) entourage, but his sharp eyes glittering in malice all the same.

the aforementioned trio arrived minutes later, grinning and sniggering as they caught sight of snape. lee made a motion as if to kick his turned back, and a few of the hufflepuffs and gryffindors already seated stifled their laughs.

seconds after them, cedric diggory arrived, and his eyes glanced towards his seated classmates. his eyes shone when he spotted nova, and dread filled her gut as he ignored the calls of his housemates and began walking in her direction.

almost at the same time, lee and the twins began approaching, and for once nova prayed that it was lee who got to her first.

please don't come over here, please don't come over here, please don't —

"hi." cedric peered down at nova with a bright smile, and she swallowed back a snarl. "mind if i sit here?"

he gestured to the empty seat beside her. from the corner of her eye, nova could feel everyone's eyes on her, especially the twins and lee, who were ogling at the sight, their jaws practically on the floor.